Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Do Ya Do For A Living?

Student! Sometimes employed often unemployed doing work for free
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss@9 October 2003 - 02:02
    im a co-ordinator, bus driver, temp manager, cleaner, who does voluntary work with a shopmobility centre who loans wheelchairs and scooters.&nbsp;
    oh, i sometimes do voluntary gardening (weed pulling) and such like.

i dont make that much, but i dont go without anything.
    hate the hours i have to do, love the fulfillment i get from helping people.
    unfortunatly, i deal with a lot of very old and sick folk.
    it breaks my heart when i watch them slowly getting worse and passing away.&nbsp;
    The work I do is voluntary, I work as a youth support worker which is a real fulfilling job which I love but is also frustrating to see so many young people f**k up their lives no matter how hard you try to help them.

I fully recommend doing voluntary work to everyone, there&#39;s none of the bitchy office politics and no little-hitlers giving you a hard time about being 1 minute late back from your lunch break. And like lilmiss I don&#39;t make much money but I have everything I want/need.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by lilmiss@9 October 2003 - 01:02
    i sometimes do voluntary gardening (weed pulling)
    weed pulling, sure...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+8 October 2003 - 19:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 8 October 2003 - 19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lilmiss@9 October 2003 - 01:02
    i sometimes do voluntary gardening (weed pulling)
    weed pulling, sure... [/b][/quote]
    more like... Smok"in :flame:

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I thought getting a job and making money was cool, especially when I became a debt free individual who no longer lived paycheck to paycheck.

Three years later, the whole job/career thing has become tiresome. I am told retirement is not an option for a few more decades yet, sigh.

As far as jobs go, mine is nice as I do not clock in or out, I have no supervisor. I call my own shots. It is just not as fun as being a rock star, you know.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I am the owner of a small construction company, and part owner-vendor of a small jewellery (diamond) outfit. I work hard most of the time..hahah...Like Hobbes say&#39;s retirement is only a couple of decades away I also have training in cnc mill and lathe, and autocad and cadkey.(something to fall back on if necessary). My next goal is a pilot&#39;s licence,(personal aircraft) or win the lottery. This work thing is highly over-rated..but I enjoy my job..sometimes

7. Lounge   -   #17
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well I work with radio radio annouce and production

8. Lounge   -   #18
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 October 2003 - 19:40
    I&#39;m self employed but I try my best to do as little as possible so I can come here, this place has cost me thousands &nbsp;

Seriously

Jonno B)
    What a Bum.

Ohhh yeah........that is what I do also.

FC B)

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by protak@9 October 2003 - 04:17
    I am the owner of a small construction company, and part owner-vendor of a small jewellery (diamond) outfit. I work hard most of the time..hahah...Like Hobbes say&#39;s retirement is only a couple of decades away I also have training in cnc mill and lathe, and autocad and cadkey.(something to fall back on if necessary). My next goal is a pilot&#39;s licence,(personal aircraft) or win the lottery. This work thing is highly over-rated..but I enjoy my job..sometimes
    Yah, sometimes, Lol&#33;

I am never unhappy at work, I would just love to go to sleep anxious about what I can achieve the next day. The lucky people are those that entwine their passion with an economically rewarding career.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@8 October 2003 - 20:20
    well I work with radio radio annouce and production
    Whew &#33; I&#39;m sure glad you didn&#39;t say you were a proofreader, Adster &#33;

j/k &#33;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast