Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Xp Pro Setup/boot Disk?

I tried to load Xp Pro corporate onto my computer, but when it's going through Dos, it keeps asking me for the boot disk and the disk is already in the drive(cdrom drive). Am I missing a file on the disk that maybe wasn't copied in the process of making burning a copy of XP or am I just going about this the wrong way. I already have the BIOS setup to boot from just the cdrom drive and it will boot up the Windows 98 se that I have but not from the copy of xp. Help please. Thanks in advance!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try the floppy boot disk set you can download from: www.bootdisk.com

Or try to fix you CD: http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstre..._procedure.htm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks for the info. I went to the link and found out that I am missing a folder named ss-boot. I don't know where to find it as it's not in the win xp pro corporate version that I have. Any ideas or can someone email me this file? It doesn't seem to be a large file.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Sorry, I posted a link that shows further on in the process. Oh and by the way the instuctions I posted were to add the service pack 1 into your CD as well.

Here is the correct link: http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp1_cd.htm

There are other easier ways to do this. Here is instuctions to make a bootable XP CD without the service pack 1:

Easier method without SP1: http://old.bink.nu/xpbootcd/

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by CajunKnight@8 October 2003 - 18:47
    Thanks for the info. I went to the link and found out that I am missing a folder named ss-boot. I don't know where to find it as it's not in the win xp pro corporate version that I have. Any ideas or can someone email me this file? It doesn't seem to be a large file.

These are the files on my XP Pro boot disk.
    Whatcha need?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    what is the size of all the files

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. Ya'll did a great job. I found the file I was loking for, I think. So I'm gonna try to burn another disk using one of the links mentioned above and see what happens. Just wanted to say thanks to all and wish me luck!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Good luck...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by clocker+9 October 2003 - 02:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 9 October 2003 - 02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CajunKnight@8 October 2003 - 18:47
    Thanks for the info. I went to the link and found out that I am missing a folder named ss-boot. I don&#39;t know where to find it as it&#39;s not in the win xp pro corporate version that I have. Any ideas or can someone email me this file? It doesn&#39;t seem to be a large file.

These are the files on my XP Pro boot disk.
    Whatcha need? [/b][/quote]
    I was just wondering if this CD will boot too. I got this version from TRShady

Here is the contents of the CD:

Hope you can help, I haven&#39;t tried it cause I&#39;m gonna give it to a friend.

THNX

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by CajunKnight@9 October 2003 - 00:22
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. Ya&#39;ll did a great job. I found the file I was loking for, I think. So I&#39;m gonna try to burn another disk using one of the links mentioned above and see what happens. Just wanted to say thanks to all and wish me luck&#33;
    Good luck and please come back and tell us how it went.

By the way, I have used both methods described in those links. If done just as shown, it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast