Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween

UMMMMMMMM......Somthin tells me that If I saw that I would run.... I like LIL MISS' Idea of Halloween.........By the way love your Pic hun

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    we don't really do Halloween here in Belgium...
    Yes of course you can buy all the mercandising in the shops and there will be the occasional Halloween dress up party, but there's no real tradition. It just started off a few years ago, just another trick to sell more stuff

And it's called Samhein, not Halloweed

3. Lounge   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Skweeky@12 October 2003 - 12:19
    And it's called Samhein, not Halloweed
    Halloweed?

I think you've been talking to Lilmiss too much.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    does anyone else have mischief night. we blow things up

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Originally posted by lynx+12 October 2003 - 13:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 12 October 2003 - 13:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@12 October 2003 - 12:19
    And it&#39;s called Samhein, not Halloweed
    Halloweed?

I think you&#39;ve been talking to Lilmiss too much. [/b][/quote]
    hehehehe, oops, mental slip

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Not allot happens round Halloween time in Lincoln. There&#39;s a few sad people that dress up to score some free sweeties. There&#39;s also Mischief night where little young offenders come round and egg your windows and let down your tires

...Apart from that, it&#39;s pretty quiet.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    We didn&#39;t have that holiday over here, and got on just fine without it, until some greedy business people decided it was a sweet way of making money and imported.

I&#39;m not complaining about the holiday as such, it&#39;s just that once again we&#39;ve had a bit more of American culture (it&#39;s the most commercial kind of halloween, possible) imposed upon us and they didn&#39;t even change the name one bit.

We have another holiday, just a few days apart from it, that roughly translates to: "all saint&#39;s day" that is more quiet and more intended for honouring your dead, rather than the trick or treat biz, which by the way we have something similar to at easter, with the difference that there&#39;s no trick or treat crap, instead the kids make their own drawings and give away, and they don&#39;t mess stuff up if they don&#39;t get candy.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@12 October 2003 - 08:31
    We didn&#39;t have that holiday over here, and got on just fine without it, until some greedy business people decided it was a sweet way of making money and imported.

I&#39;m not complaining about the holiday as such, it&#39;s just that once again we&#39;ve had a bit more of American culture (it&#39;s the most commercial kind of halloween, possible) imposed upon us and they didn&#39;t even change the name one bit.

We have another holiday, just a few days apart from it, that roughly translates to: "all saint&#39;s day" that is more quiet and more intended for honouring your dead, rather than the trick or treat biz, which by the way we have something similar to at easter, with the difference that there&#39;s no trick or treat crap, instead the kids make their own drawings and give away, and they don&#39;t mess stuff up if they don&#39;t get candy.
    God Bless America&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    egging windows is bad but fireworks are fun

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+12 October 2003 - 14:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 12 October 2003 - 14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@12 October 2003 - 08:31

God Bless America&#33; [/b][/quote]
    God can bless my ass too, while he/she/it is at it

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast