Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill

Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    There is a lot going around about this movie, and judging from the director and writer, and his track record followed by the Kill Bill cast it should be a box office smash.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    Yeah that is great except making it into two parts is just a huge money grab personally i would rather pay once and sit through the three hours.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Grimlock@9 October 2003 - 16:43
    Yeah that is great except making it into two parts is just a huge money grab personally i would rather pay once and sit through the three hours.
    for that very reason I will not pay to see this movie. Not even to rent it. even if I could rent it beofre i could download it.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    I second that. (what grimlock said) Saying that, i've been talking to a few friends recently who still havn't heard of kill bill, or that QT made another movie! I was shocked! (of course, it isn't exactly thier scene, but shows the marketing hasn't been up to scratch. usualy a lot have heard of movies by now)

I agree with not supporting (money wise) Britney Spears or other untallented "preformers" or steven speilberg, who churns out movies by the dozen. Tarantino on the other hand DOES not, he is a brilliant director, has made fantastic movies (few and far between), and therefore ethics along the lines of "they are making too much money, too commerical... blah blah blah" are misplaced.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I donīt mind paying to watch these two at the big screen at all. I just hope splitting it didnīt ruin the film. The words "to be continued" is a bit of a let down if you ask me.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    then why does it look like such a bad movie?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by ezyryder@9 October 2003 - 23:03
    I second that. (what grimlock said) Saying that, i&#39;ve been talking to a few friends recently who still havn&#39;t heard of kill bill, or that QT made another movie&#33; I was shocked&#33; (of course, it isn&#39;t exactly thier scene, but shows the marketing hasn&#39;t been up to scratch. usualy a lot have heard of movies by now)

I agree with not supporting (money wise) Britney Spears or other untallented "preformers" or steven speilberg, who churns out movies by the dozen. Tarantino on the other hand DOES not, he is a brilliant director, has made fantastic movies (few and far between), and therefore ethics along the lines of "they are making too much money, too commerical... blah blah blah" are misplaced.
    Well said EZ. I too would like to see more Quentin Tarantino movies. I don&#39;t think he is selling out. He certainly has his own ideas about what makes a good movie and if he thinks Kill Bill needs to be split then I&#39;ll go with that.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Was it his idea?
    was it the studios?
    When he called you guys up last nite did he say hey I thought it would add to the structural integrity of the story line to chop this mother in half and make people who have to work for a living pay forty bucks to take a date to see the whole thing?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Aparently it was a comprimise betwean him and Miramax. Mirimax were going to refuse to relese it since it was so long and they wanted him to chop huge chunks out of the movie. So he decided to split it into 2 parts instead. Though I find it strange that the studio that brought us The Piano refuese to let Kill Bill run for 3 hours.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    is this horror?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast