Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired Of People Who Don't Share

Sheesh people i'm i'm not sure if anyone has brought this subject up before..but i'm so tired of people who are using the latest version of Kazaa lite and don't bother to un check " users can't get a list of your shared files" ......

how the heck is anyone to know your sharing if this is still checked ...i'm not accusing anyone of not sharing but how the hell can you tell?

try sending a message to them to find out .and sure enough they have the message turned off to.. i'll continue to share my files but if anyone can give me an answer to this i'd appreciate it greatly

Happy sharing:

ps: if you have something naughty in your shared folder take it out and put it somewhere else for godsake if thats what your scared of showing

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    The reason people don't untick that option is because they don't want to be sued, unticking it lets the RIAA and anyone instantly list everything your sharing.
    You can't expect people to make themselve vulnerable for your sake.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep the above both answers it all

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    oh well if that is the answer then guess who is going to cancel all file sharing

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    did you read the answer propaly??
    he didn't say to canel all sharing

haev fun sit there 24/7 and check everyones files and canel them sure you have time to spend on that

Good Luck!!!

you will need it

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by taipan@10 October 2003 - 02:45
    oh well if that is the answer then guess who is going to cancel all file sharing
    your an egg!!!
    mind your own business and stop worrying what everyone else is sharing..
    Theres always some egg who wants to be a Policeman

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    *Grunt*
    Consider this: what if some people like me hardley have anyone downloading off them, why risk it if that is the case.
    .....of course iam from the UK so the can't touch me. B)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    *Grunt*
    Consider this: what if some people (like me ) hardley have anyone downloading off them, if that is the case why risk being sued.
    ...of course iam from the UK so the RIAA can't touch me. B)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by taipan@9 October 2003 - 13:57
    Sheesh people i'm i'm not sure if anyone has brought this subject up before..but i'm so tired of people who are using the latest version of Kazaa lite and don't bother to un check " users can't get a list of your shared files" ......

how the heck is anyone to know your sharing if this is still checked ...i'm not accusing anyone of not sharing but how the hell can you tell?

try sending a message to them to find out .and sure enough they have the message turned off to.. i'll continue to share my files but if anyone can give me an answer to this i'd appreciate it greatly

Happy sharing:

ps: if you have something naughty in your shared folder take it out and put it somewhere else for godsake if thats what your scared of showing
    I understand....

However Taipan...you may want to read some previous threads regarding file sharing in this forum..... anyone who tries to reason that SHARING is what keeps Kazaa going is usually shot down (by the odd few) for their logic.

I do agree that I should not have to share a list a files in my shared folder for ANYONES perusal.... this does not mean that I don't share though....

I used to think along the same lines as you did until I was 'educated' by some of the loyal members here (and realized there was no sense fighting those who do not share the p2p philosophy)....

Keep sharing and good luck!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    good thinking B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast