Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent Is So Fast

@NotoruisBIC

How Much Do You Pay For That Connection *drools*

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Well, about 10 euros per month, but it's an university connection

However I did manage to get the university sponsoring for the optical line they layed out here...
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BIC whts the average speed rate that u get on bittorrent and how long duz it take u 2 download 700mb movie of a file(if the torrent is well seeded)

edit: @Metrostars, it depends on your internet connection and the upload rate others are willing to give ya.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Not Long

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    That really depends on the amount of seeding bandwidth.

Things like anime are generally well seeded and I average 200 kB/s

Movies however are generally not seeded well until they are a few days old (I mostly get new movies) so that's an average of 100 kB/s.
    As Gre1 posted it's rare for a movie not to finish in 3 hours.

BTW: the screenshot I posted is from Wolfenstein: Enemy Teritory which ID software released using Bittorrent. They obviously had some real bandwidth backing that one up...
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Fasttracker A
    I would like to say I max out my connection practically whenever I use Bittorrent.
    And I can usuallyt get a movie in 1-3 hours on a typical download.
    It all depends on the amount of seeds and your connection type.

For those of you who dont know how bittorrent works or is able to achieve these speeds.It takes a file and breaks it up into peices,and as each peer downloads they can also upload the peices they have downloaded to others peers.
    Usually bittorrent works on a tit for tat basis, meaning most can only download as fast as they let others upload from them.At one point or another.
    Once the whole file has completed download the peer/person becomes a seed.
    Distributed copies roughly translates into peices of the film one is conected on a percentage base ,before it becomes a seed.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Damn, I just really focused on how fast that speed is, 2000kB/s+ that is a lot but u say it's a university so I see how that can be afforded.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I don't see how you guys get such fast connections. I usually get a speed of about 2 kb/s and most of the time it's not downloading at all. Just sitting there idle and the files I'm trying to get have tons of seeds.

My friend was downloading the exact same file as myself,

His Speed: 150 kb/s
    Mine: 2 kb/s

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@9 October 2003 - 12:09
    T1 and I live in...
    A T-1's speed is only a miserable 1.5 megabit/sec -- or about 180 KB/sec MAX.
    Your connection HAS to be a serious fraction of a T-3 line.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Ok iknow this is not wot u wud call super fast but, Bit Torrent never drops below 45kb for me... so i get my movies pretty dam quick...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast