Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me Buying A Laptop

Definitely Dell. I bought a new Inspiron 8100 almost two years ago. At the time, it cost me ~$3,600 (total: shipping, taxes, and that's in Canadian dollars&#33. I really couldn't afford anything at the time, so I had to get a small bank loan to pay for it. So believe me, I did my research. When comparing other similar brands (in terms of sys specs) Dell was usually cheaper. And also, Dell had little things that I just liked better, like having a trackstick and a touchpad, better style casings, etc. And Dell always has promotions on (free memory upgrade, or free DVD upgrade, or free shipping, or combinations of free things... my system also got me a $250.00 rebate check ). On top of all that, Dell also has the trusted namebrand and customer support (blah, blah, blah... I sound like tv ad&#33.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    if ur gonna buy a laptop, i suggest you go all out and get a real good one which wont need upgradeing and ect. for a looooooooooooooong time.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by sage0112@13 October 2003 - 19:26
    if ur gonna buy a laptop, i suggest you go all out and get a real good one which wont need upgradeing and ect. for a looooooooooooooong time.
    Or a real cheapy that you can sell on in a few months and get a new one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12