Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Counter Strike 2!?!

Apparently some one has leaked released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine.

Any ideas where I can get this
    Thanks alot, by the way this is my first post! B)

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Get it? Where'd you even hear this?

3. Games   -   #3
    Octopussy
    so the source engine...does that mean cs and hl will have better graphics?

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by LanEv0@10 October 2003 - 01:02
    Apparently some one has leaked released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine.

Any ideas where I can get this
    Thanks alot, by the way this is my first post! B)
    you use to many smilies you seem gay.

and what it does is give the water the same look as it does in HL2 and the lighting looks a big better and a few more other improvements a bit better details, ragdoll effects, and better physics.

5. Games   -   #5
    its true

More leaks related to the initial source code/VALVe leak has come out. Here's what Fragmaster from Planet Half-Life says, since I'm not very eloquent:
    Well, it appears that this "Anonymous Leaker" character wasn't bluffing, because now he's apparently released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine. And he's also supposedly released an outdated build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (it's going gold Friday, see yesterday's story) and/or possibly something that deals with Counter-Strike 2. We really don't care to know the details, and we can't exactly confirm this because we refuse to download these releases ourselves. And we of course strongly suggest you don't download any of this stolen material either.
    I'm guessing that VALVe had something up its sleeve concerning a port of CS to the new Source (HL2) engine, unless someone coded themselves a port (which seems unlikely). Cool, a free surprise from VALVe ruined by some dork. And man, you have to admit that VALVe really deserves to have their free updates to the community spoiled!

Of course, we here at CS-Nation would agree with the sentiment that downloading anything like this is pretty pointless. Hey, you know, I'm a pretty big fan of CS/HL and even I can wait until the stuff is final. Heck, games are about fun. It's pretty hard to enjoy a game when it has silly debug messages running across the screen. "DEBUG 2293ms WORSHIP NEWELL!! -LOMBO & BASKETHEAD" really kills the mood of a game. I don't think there is much point in downloading the leaks of the games because they're just not playable. They can't be fun.

If you want to read more about the HL2/source code leak check out GameSpy's article: What's Next for VALVe and Half-Life 2? The article has a lot of reactions from the professional development community.
    Cs nation dont lie.... http://csnation.counter-strike.net

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Pitbul+10 October 2003 - 16:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 10 October 2003 - 16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LanEv0@10 October 2003 - 01:02
    Apparently some one has leaked released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2&#39;s source engine.

Any ideas where I can get this&nbsp;
    Thanks alot, by the way this is my first post&#33; B)

and what it does is give the water the same look as it does in HL2 and the lighting looks a big better and a few more other improvements a bit better details, ragdoll effects, and better physics. [/b][/quote]
    better stop now or else i&#39;am gay
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

7. Games   -   #7
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by Pitbul+10 October 2003 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 10 October 2003 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LanEv0@10 October 2003 - 01:02
    Apparently some one has leaked released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2&#39;s source engine.

and what it does is give the water the same look as it does in HL2 and the lighting looks a big better and a few more other improvements a bit better details, ragdoll effects, and better physics. [/b][/quote]
    WTF?

How is someone who uses lots of smileys gay?

8. Games   -   #8
    yes..sur...ignore the topic...

Pitbul - "PEOPLE WHO USE SMILIES R GAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; B) "

9. Games   -   #9
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul+10 October 2003 - 16:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 10 October 2003 - 16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LanEv0@10 October 2003 - 01:02

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast