Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Starting The Game?

Hi guys,

Lately i have been having some problems playing games on my computer. On my computer i have to games installed that i have played for a while. F eks. Freedom Fighters it worked great and i have been playing it for some time, nut now when i try to start the game, it starts with the name of the company that made it and everything thing, but before comming to main menu it shuts down and the computer goes back to desktop.

I have tried restarting computer, scaning for virus, updating drivers on me grafikk card.... but no help.

My computer: Intel P4 2,8 ghz
    1 gb ddr ram
    Geforce fx 5600 256 ddr ram card
    And The rest of the computer is good to.

any suggestion what i can do?

Thanx

DVDLOVER25

2. Games   -   #2
    Octopussy
    you shoudl clean up ur drive like not enough ram becuaes maybe alot of programs openeda t same time

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great...

4. Games   -   #4
    Octopussy
    cuz then u get more space and stuff

5. Games   -   #5
    I dont think ram is the problem, i have 1 gb, and i dont think i am using that much. but yea maybe i should just reformatt my comp.

thanx guys, but if there is someone else with a better idea then let me know.

thanks

DVDLOVER25

6. Games   -   #6
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    When was your last defrag?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Games   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by DVDLOVER25@10 October 2003 - 22:49
    Hi guys,

Lately i have been having some problems playing games on my computer. On my computer i have to games installed that i have played for a while. F eks. Freedom Fighters it worked great and i have been playing it for some time, nut now when i try to start the game, it starts with the name of the company that made it and everything thing, but before comming to main menu it shuts down and the computer goes back to desktop.

I have tried restarting computer, scaning for virus, updating drivers on me grafikk card.... but no help.

My computer: Intel P4 2,8 ghz
    1 gb ddr ram
    Geforce fx 5600 256 ddr ram card
    And The rest of the computer is good to.

any suggestion what i can do?

Thanx

DVDLOVER25
    reinstall your os

8. Games   -   #8
    how do you reformat a comp?
    -TiMz

9. Games   -   #9
    Before you format if this is the only thing wrong, check for patches from the vendor. I had this exact thing, tiger 2003 actually. One day stopped working, same thing as you are having except my ps would reboot. Installed patch from EA, worked great. I later formated and it still would not work w/o the patch. I will never understand why that was.

10. Games   -   #10
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TwisT@11 October 2003 - 01:34
    i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great...
    TwisT. I don't want to seem rude about this, and I'm not accusing you of spam, but I am starting to question.

On the other thread were the guy asked about having problems with directx 9, you replied with "yea, I have the same problem too, sum1 help". Now when in this one you come in here and say:

"i had same prob. i just reformatted my comp works great..."

Did you just say that, or did you really have the same problems? I'm not sure if your telling the truth(Forgive me if you are), you want more posts, or you want to make a few more friends.

Sorry just starting to wonder heh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast