Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Hard Drive Killer

Originally posted by lynx+17 October 2003 - 07:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 17 October 2003 - 07:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by The Kiler@15 October 2003 - 22:18
    Originally posted by johnboy27@15 October 2003 - 00:43
    Originally posted by clocker@14 October 2003 - 16:03
    <!--QuoteBegin-johnboy27
    @14 October 2003 - 07:35
    maybe you should go to this page and download HDD Health and install it on your new drive before you start playing any games or anything and keep a good eye on it.

What page is that, JB 27?

Oops.LOL I guess there is not much point in me putting it in now as Lynx is gonna help him out.
    Next time I&#39;ll have to remember to paste.LOL

The utility don&#39;t work...
    Sure, I&#39;m going to waste my time sending you a utility that doesn&#39;t work.

It works for me, it works for other people I&#39;ve sent it to, but you can&#39;t figure out how to use it, so it doesn&#39;t work. Which do you think is faulty, the utility or you?

If that&#39;s your attitude, don&#39;t bother wasting our time any further. [/b][/quote]
    Ok, I copied the program to my start-up disk and i boot from it.

It loads all the things and finally lets me type.

I type zap 1. and then y. It says Zap complete and I restart the computer and then nothing happens.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #72
    lynx's Avatar .
    Well, if it is your primary master you should be typing "zap 0". Which is what I told you. But if it is your primary slave, and it is not giving you an error message, then your drive is not dead, and the utility is working.

It merely sets it back to factory default state. You can then start partitioning and formatting it.

Did you expect it would have somehow installed XP in 2 seconds?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #73
    Originally posted by lynx@17 October 2003 - 10:49
    Well, if it is your primary master you should be typing "zap 0". Which is what I told you. But if it is your primary slave, and it is not giving you an error message, then your drive is not dead, and the utility is working.

It merely sets it back to factory default state. You can then start partitioning and formatting it.

Did you expect it would have somehow installed XP in 2 seconds?
    I will try to install windows xp on it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678