Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mb To Go With..

Double Agent
    rofl that's fucking funny

cpu went up in smoke

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mogadishu--a wise chice. I would not worry yourself about the overheating bit if you do not plan on overclocking your CPU. You could have quite a powerful system for a very cheap price going the AMD route. For specifics on what particular parts to buy, I highly recommend the forums of X-Bitlabs.com. They are a very knowledgeable group--especially regarding building a system from scratch and knowing what is good hardware. Just post your question in the general hardware forum. They were the ones who tipped me off the the Radeon non-pro that I got that performs like the 9500 pro.

Cheers, again.

your friend

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@11 October 2003 - 01:29
    rofl that&#39;s fucking funny

cpu went up in smoke
    lol yea... u can see why i am a bit hesitant
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by adamp2p@11 October 2003 - 01:42
    mogadishu--a wise chice. I would not worry yourself about the overheating bit if you do not plan on overclocking your CPU. You could have quite a powerful system for a very cheap price going the AMD route. For specifics on what particular parts to buy, I highly recommend the forums of X-Bitlabs.com. They are a very knowledgeable group--especially regarding building a system from scratch and knowing what is good hardware. Just post your question in the general hardware forum. They were the ones who tipped me off the the Radeon non-pro that I got that performs like the 9500 pro.

Cheers, again.

your friend
    thanks, ill have to give that forum a try.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Dude, those are example of CPUs without HEATSINKS&#33; No wonder they fried, dude&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by adamp2p@11 October 2003 - 01:47
    Dude, those are example of CPUs without HEATSINKS&#33; No wonder they fried, dude&#33;
    yea, but the p4s didnt.. and things get knocked off.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by mogadishu+11 October 2003 - 08:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu &#064; 11 October 2003 - 08:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@11 October 2003 - 01:47
    yea, but the p4s didnt.. and things get knocked off. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t sit there and wait for the heatsink to fall off there, my friend...that might be too suspenseful...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yes, heatsinks do fall off occasionally, but the suggestion that you should have to check your heatsink once a month is pure scaremongering and mischief-making.

I&#39;ve known heatsinks fall off 3 times in my long experiences with systems that needed them, and they were all on Intel machines. It&#39;s no wonder they need extra thermal protection if their heatsinks fall off all the time.

Did you notice the temp the P4 was running at with the heatsink removed? 29C. And what temp do P4&#39;s normally run at? About the same temp I believe. So how much throttling back is taking place that we don&#39;t know about? Maybe that&#39;s the real reason Amd keep beating Intel in the performance stakes - maybe Intel&#39;s 2.4GHz processors are being automatically throttled back to 2GHz or less.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by lynx@11 October 2003 - 06:34
    Yes, heatsinks do fall off occasionally, but the suggestion that you should have to check your heatsink once a month is pure scaremongering and mischief-making.

I&#39;ve known heatsinks fall off 3 times in my long experiences with systems that needed them, and they were all on Intel machines. It&#39;s no wonder they need extra thermal protection if their heatsinks fall off all the time.

Did you notice the temp the P4 was running at with the heatsink removed? 29C. And what temp do P4&#39;s normally run at? About the same temp I believe. So how much throttling back is taking place that we don&#39;t know about? Maybe that&#39;s the real reason Amd keep beating Intel in the performance stakes - maybe Intel&#39;s 2.4GHz processors are being automatically throttled back to 2GHz or less.
    yes, but thats a good thing. wouldnt u rather have your cpu throttle back than go up in smoke?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    That first deal you saw with the Asus Mobo and the 2500+ is awesome&#33; i would get it in a heart beat&#33; leaves u 100 bux for ram&#33;&#33;&#33;...you can easiily get 512MB with that&#33;
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast