Thread: Any Runescape players?

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Just wanted to know if i'm alone or not lol

Im botting on my level 60 account, currently 85 fishing almost 100% botted since 68 fishing.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Runescape is gay.

Unless you run it in the background along with 5 other bottable games and just sell game currency for real money.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

3. Lounge   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I was tempted to do that Seedler but sadly my self esteem is already low enough

Has anyone tried making money off MMORPG? I know you can make profits from hardcore WoW users if you know where to sell.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I have, and it's not profitable unless you happen to be a Chinese gold farmer.

If you live anywhere in N.A. or developed parts of Europe, there's just no way your time spent playing can generate enough profits for you to live off of.

Return on botting is even lower, in some cases the electricity bill is higher than what you can find while botting.

I made some money off Maple Story and Diablo 2, usually maximum $20/week even running the bots 24/7. Just not worth it.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I used to play way back in middle school, but I got bored fast. I was actually pretty into it, I payed to access the "members" portion of the game . After a while I started to lose interest but apparently one of my friends who really liked the game was unable to convince his parents to pay for "members" status and really liked the game, so he ended up playing on my account. I think it was his senior year of high school and he literally had nothing else better to do, and ended up leveling my account to ridiculous points. I think I may be over ~120 or something now, I have no idea anymore. All I know is my account is a fricking beast

As for making money off this type of thing, I really don't think it's possible. Chinese site's prices are far too low to be able to compete at a reasonable level and still make a profit off of it. Unless you have a couple dozen of chinese workers you can pay less than minimum wage for, there's simply no way to make a profit, in WoW, Runescape, or any other well known MMO.