Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you dare to give invites to people just say" I need......"?

tufu1019's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have lots of invites from some sites even though they aren't the most decent.
    Because English is not my native language,and I don't want to get into trouble,
    so I just monitored the forum and tried to find someone which are suitable for my invites.
    Many people may regard the ratio proof or speed test as the most important criteria for
    inviting people. But for me, I'd like to see people say more about why they need the trackers,
    what are their previous experience with the trackers and their knowledge about the trackers they asked for.
    I'll regard this as a more sincere request than just only say" I need..." "I want.." "Please give me..." etc.
    Some even request more than 2 in the same post and some request a descent site which
    you should know it was hard to get in. In this particular case, you should at least give more informations to let someone consider to invite you.
    Especially you don't have long post history or good reputation in this forum.
    Ya, you can still cheat me with the words,but I still think you have more chance to get what you want.
    Finally,kudos to Cabala-Judge Dredd (I just see the movie once again in my cable TV last night)
    because you had said most I want to say but seemed many people just don't get it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I usually give very little credibility to the request and far more into what people have had to say while they have been a member here (and if applicable, elsewhere).

Here are a few thoughts I have had regarding "quality of post(er)":

Sometimes people can be brief and still get their thoughts together while making worthwhile points. Others even have a great knack for spam. It all depends on the poster and how much effort is put into the task.

Some people can be boring as hell in 3 words, others take a whole page to accomplish the same feat. The opposite can also be said.

Initially, I had a lot of disdain for those who played to "mindless" games like "rate that..." or count to X. I have grown to appreciate some of that part of the community as well. Nobody likes to go to a dead forum. It's nice that people are active regardless of how profound their posts are.

There should be at least a reasonable ratio of mindless/inflammatory/spam/negative/positive/interesting posts.

Anyway, I agree that there should be more to a member than an occasional (or constant) requests for invites. Giving back and being part of this community does not require a whole lot of effort. However, it should include some.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Your invites your rules their invites their rules ! so stfu

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    I'm going to saythis to you m8 if you want to give out your invites then do it on your own terms yes ratio and speed tests don't count allot in my book either. In my opinion they have nothing to do what so ever with how good a user is (especially when it comes to speed tests) look into a users posts see where he is actvice and how much so (If that is important to you) and then decide what to do just be very cautious when giving out the invite

Totti

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    cap87's Avatar wait, what?
    Simple solution: Give invites only to those you trust.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I usually give very little credibility to the request and far more into what people have had to say while they have been a member here (and if applicable, elsewhere).

Here are a few thoughts I have had regarding "quality of post(er)":

Sometimes people can be brief and still get their thoughts together while making worthwhile points. Others even have a great knack for spam. It all depends on the poster and how much effort is put into the task.

Some people can be boring as hell in 3 words, others take a whole page to accomplish the same feat. The opposite can also be said.

Initially, I had a lot of disdain for those who played to "mindless" games like "rate that..." or count to X. I have grown to appreciate some of that part of the community as well. Nobody likes to go to a dead forum. It's nice that people are active regardless of how profound their posts are.

There should be at least a reasonable ratio of mindless/inflammatory/spam/negative/positive/interesting posts.

Anyway, I agree that there should be more to a member than an occasional (or constant) requests for invites. Giving back and being part of this community does not require a whole lot of effort. However, it should include some.
    Thanks for sharing your opinions.
    I can see your name in another forum and I can totally understand what you say about the acitvity of forum members.
    In some forum with more strict rules to sign up,you can see many people to offer the invites
    but with just a few people to apply except some invites from a really descent site.
    That's also why I want to share some invites to FST members here.
    After all, some of my membership also came form someone's invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    I'm going to saythis to you m8 if you want to give out your invites then do it on your own terms yes ratio and speed tests don't count allot in my book either. In my opinion they have nothing to do what so ever with how good a user is (especially when it comes to speed tests) look into a users posts see where he is actvice and how much so (If that is important to you) and then decide what to do just be very cautious when giving out the invite

Totti
    Thanks.
    Yes, my first step is to check all of his previous posts, then I viewed the content of his post and finally(but not necessary)
    the ratio proof or speed test.
    Last edited by tufu1019; 11-25-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    As MBM said, while their other posts may not be the epitome of quality (I do post in the spam section as well ), I think it is crucial that you really give yourself a good impression when you apply on the invite thread. When I see something like this:

please can i apply for scc if you don't mind cause i'm looking for it for along time as it is a good movie tracker with good content and good speed,and pretimes
    That's one of the surefire signs that I would never consider giving the person an invite. If you really want a tracker, explain why, even if it is a terrible reason. Posting something like that is just bland and unoriginal, and shows that you just really don't care. Putting effort into a request is by far, in my opinion, the most helpful thing one can do to bolster their chances.
    Last edited by Rart; 11-25-2009 at 03:26 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Good example and well said. Thanks.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    How to give out invites: a lesson

Sincerity is easily faked commitment is not.
    Literacy is no indication of character.
    When in doubt always go with the hot chick but make sure you get pictures as proof ( webcam is even better of course - FTN worthy even).

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Webcam will work for any site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast