Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dos Window

Does anyone know how to stop a dos window closing when i execute it? Doing some c and c++ coding and everytime i compile and try to run it it just zips through it and closes.... i dont want to add a read instruction in each time i want to run it, as it becomes a pain in the ass to do it each time.

thanks for any help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    try runnimg the program from DOS instead of windows

start>run and enter cmd to bring up a dos window
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What i currently do is open a dos window, and drop the dos exe file to it and enter.... im trying to find a way to just execute it through double click.

It might seem im being picky, im not, it just becomes tiresome and annoying when you have to do this process over and over again after some code fixing.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    im using Windows XP btw.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@11 October 2003 - 12:12
    Does anyone know how to stop a dos window closing when i execute it? Doing some c and c++ coding and everytime i compile and try to run it it just zips through it and closes.... i dont want to add a read instruction in each time i want to run it, as it becomes a pain in the ass to do it each time.

thanks for any help.
    You need to make it stay open until a value is returned such as a keypress like enter or such.
    Simple as dat

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    you could try adding a getch at the very END of the program
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I like my way better, adds a hint of n00biness to the whole thing

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    well whats odd is my code exits on my computer....but it stays open on the computers at my uni. is waiting for a value to be returned almost the same thing as adding a getch? if it is, its not what i want, because i shouldnt need to add it if it runs ok on other computers.....so it must be a setup wouldnt it?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    installed Visual Studio and it seems to work like it does at uni if i compile and build through that thanks for your help still.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Im having the same problem with UT2003. I downloaded both disks, clicling on it brings up a dos wondow then it closes strait away. Ive tried a few things but dont know enough about dos to get the game working. Im useing XP and i would be wrapped if someone could help me. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast