Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underworld 2003 Sept 19th Scheduled Release

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Underworld (2003)

Several different twists on what this movie is about are around. Does anyone know the real premise? Listed below are 2 different premises, close but not the same.

Release Date: September 19th, 2003 (wide) Release Date Notes: (1/19/03) At one point, Screen Gems had listed this film as a possible October, 2003 release.

Title Note: (5/7/03) There have been reports of a test screening in the L.A. area this past weekend in which this movie was presented not as 'Underworld', but as 'The Covenant', but it appears this might have been a 'cover title', which studios sometimes use to disguise what movie is actually playing (a screening of 'The Hulk' might be called 'Smash and Grab', for example).

Distributor: Screen Gems (Sony)

Production Company: Lakeshore Entertainment (Wicker Park, The Hunted, The Human Stain)

Cast: Kate Beckinsale (Selene), Scott Speedman (Michael), Shane Brolly, Robby Gee, Erwin Leder, Wentworth Miller, Sophia Myles, Bill Nighy (Viktor), Michael Sheen

Director: Len Wiseman (feature film debut)

Director Notes: (8/7/02) Len Wiseman got his start working as a prop designer for movies like Independence Day and Stargate, before becoming a director of music videos (as a stepping ground to feature work), making videos for songs by groups like Megadeth and En Vogue.

Screenwriter: Danny McBride (feature debut) Based Upon: This project is loosely inspired by William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", but in modern times, and with vampires and werewolves instead of the Capulets and Montagues, respectively.

Premise: Set in the secret nocturnal and supernatural world of vampires and werewolves, two groups that have been at war for centuries, this is the story of a romance between a female vampire warrior, Selene (Beckinsale), who's famous for her strength and werewolf-hunting prowess, and a non-werewolf human, Michael (Speedman), who is being hunted down by the werewolves because he has a unique type of blood that can save their race from extinction...

Filming: Production started on September 2nd, 2002 in Budapest, Hungary, and wrapped up in early November, 2002.

Genre: Action, Eye Candy, Horror, Romance, Supernatural

Second Premise and info

Action/Adventure, Romance and Suspense/Horror Set in the secret nocturnal and supernatural world of vampires and werewolves, two groups that have been at war for centuries, this is the story of a romance between a female vampire warrior, Selene (Beckinsale), who's famous for her strength and werewolf-hunting prowess, and a peace-loving male werewolf, Michael (Speedman), who wants to end the war.

Release Date: September 19th, 2003 (wide).

MPAA Rating: Not Rated.

Distributor: Screen Gems (Sony)

Cast and Credits
    Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman, Bill Nighy, Michael Sheen, Shane Brolly

Directed by: Len Wiseman

Produced by: Gary Lucchesi, Tom Rosenberg, Richard S. Wright

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    So, not a single one of you know anything about and/or are interested in this movie. Such a shame. I had expected at least a bit of a response from someone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I'll download it when it's posted but it's hard to get too enthustiastic about a movie that won't come out for another 10 weeks.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    To be honest SD... out of all my time at AICN, and Dark Horizons, i havent heard anything about this??? wonder if i missed something some where. Hmmm, does sound interesting, I may have to look into it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    OH NO.

Not another lets-talk-it-to-death-before-anyones-even-seen-it thread.

Pleeeeaaaase, NOOO!!!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by BCCorn@8 July 2003 - 22:23
    OH NO.

Not another lets-talk-it-to-death-before-anyones-even-seen-it thread.

Pleeeeaaaase, NOOO!!!!     
    Yes. You hit the nail right on the head. I want to know more about this film, so if anyone wants to help find out more about it and post a reply I would be greatful.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    More and more people are talking about this movie, I hope it lives up to our expectations.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@10 July 2003 - 04:09
    More and more people are talking about this movie, I hope it lives up to our expectations.
    Where?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by BCCorn+10 July 2003 - 12:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BCCorn @ 10 July 2003 - 12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ShareDaddy@10 July 2003 - 04:09
    Where? [/b][/quote]
    Real Life, in person&#33; It does not say more and more people are posting about it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    well im sorry but i never heard of this movie but as a fan of the crow and movies in that premise i think i would definitly be interested in this movie just because i think i would really enjoy it. thanx for posting it up i probably would have never known about it.

EDIT: i just checked out the site and the trailer and damn that looks like a really good movie. its like a cross of the crow/some vampire movie/matrix type deal sounds like a movie for me.
    thanx again S.D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast