Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Importance of Time

Hello FST readers. Ages ago I used to be a member under this name at this fine forum. I just registered today to make one small post before inevitably getting banned. Hopefully I will enlighten some people. My story is pretty simple.

A few years ago I was playing Counter Strike Source when my friend invited me to a magical musical land called oink. It used something called bittorrent. At the time this bewildered me. Anyhow, as the days went on, I figured it out and thought I was hot stuff. Problem was that I couldn't maintain this thing called a ratio so I was consequently banned.

As a result, I went on FST from a google query to beg for an invite again. Oddly enough, I started posting a lot and trying to become a part of the "community". This was in part due to me discovering even more of these special private trackers that I so desperately wanted an invite to. I became a rather prolific poster competing against a guy named squirrel. In my time I received countless warning for spam and other shenanigans. I suddenly became a cynic of the uber secret trackers and the ranking system.

At this point I slowly made my entry into the private tracker world. I had oink, TL, SCC and some other basic trackers. One fateful day some guy randomly gave me an invite to a certain high level tracker that is one of the few left standing as I type. I also started using a seedbox at this point so my e-peen was growing exponentially during these times.

Before I was removed from here, I had about 15 private trackers and a cumulative of about 20TB upped on these. I was also on many "best ratio" (including SCT) lists as I did it once again for the e-peen. After my leave at FST, I quit caring about these uber private trackers and oddly enough that's when I was invited to FTWR and uk-t. Once again, I went seedbox crazy on many of these trackers to keep my accounts in good standing. I ended up uploading countless TBs. I thought I was hot stuff. Fast forward about a year and I stand here. Reminiscing over all the stupid stuff that I have done here and for some of the trackers. I don't have my "trophy" SCT, uk-t, FTWR accounts any more, but the funny thing is I don't care too much. I can't imagine myself saying that a few years ago.

I just realize there are many more important things in life. I mean, as far as "stuff" goes, you can go on TL or hell, even isohunt for that and grab it. Maybe get music from waffles/what and that's about it. "community" is the people that live near you. They are the people in your work/school. Go out and volunteer. Hang out with friends outside... or make some friends.

I'm posting this at an interesting time. The torrent world has had earth shattering echoes sent across from shutdowns spanning TPB and Mininova to uk-t and ftwr. Not that I regret the time that I spent on the internet, but as I am older and (slightly) less stupid, I see that I could have put my time to better uses. I suppose people will perpetually search for these rare trackers, but in the end you should think to yourself, is it really worth it? It comes and goes just like AIG. All that's left if the REAL community outside of your house/apmt.

*thanks to the mod that approved this thread.
    Peace
    -zaa
    Last edited by zaa730; 11-29-2009 at 01:46 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hey, i remember helping you up to setup a seedbox.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Paragraphs. Use them.

EDIT: thank you
    Last edited by puckface; 11-29-2009 at 01:46 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Uploading countless TB's was kind of obsessive compulsive. Glad you came to your senses man, nice to see you around.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Excellent post... and very true as well

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    This post... I like it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    What a revelation!!..indeed kinda refreshing, can relate to the obsession of "chasing" all those High End Trackers, BUT I cannot relate to the obsessive complulsive of the Uploading with the Seedboxes.
    But, yeah.thanks for posting your story.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I remember you. I'm back too. Thanks for posting. I totally understand where you're coming from. Welcome back.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Sup zaa.

I agree with you. also sup puckface.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    prolific? more like an annoying shitbag!

you know exactly why too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast