Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freezing / Crashing

Poster
    It took me a while to find this topic.

As promised (although late due to the fact delivery in 2 - 4 days actually means weeks) heres the up-date.

I got my new ram finally and got the courage to take off my fan and clean out everything, after cleaning out dust I never knew could possibly be, my computer is running at maximum strength.

I update this just incase any others have this problem and to inform those that helped and advised me.

Basically the crash problem seemed to be due to lack of ram, for when I ran FreeramXP it always ran out with my 256mb, and the heat problem was actually due to dust clogging up behind the fan, I believe, as point out both where the causes to the problem.

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by exeus@12 October 2003 - 11:35
    maybe it is a heat problem and the hotter it gets the more damage it does till you cant boot..... maybe.....
    I agree. Heat problem. The VGA card is over heating, or the CPU. Probably the VGA card. I already fried one. Had the same problems with the PC frezzing up.

Another problem is configuring the game incorrectly. Inputting the incorrect drivers for that game's settings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123