Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BANNED or Restricted countries from Trackers (look here before inviting someone)

Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    then why arent any western european/ north american countries banned?
    Because the cheaters-to-good users ratio isn't as high as the one on the countries they have banned?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    but i have a strong believe in the donations thing............

Donation doesn't matter, as we are talking about p2p sites not p2l sites. There are some very big differences between those 2 types.
    Generally chtaing & trading by most of the users of some country leads the sysop to ban any country..
    But no country is totally banned.
    If any user can prove that he/she is a good user & have a static IP, still can get account in those trackers in which his/her country is banned.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

I thought it was because of heavy trading/cheating activity coming from those countries. I mean, who would ban a whole country that's behaving just because they don't donate?
    then why arent any western european/ north american countries banned? every country has traders/cheaters and i wont agree to the fact that there are only few from those countries which are banned
    Israel and Egypt are banned from most of the trackers because their internet speed is very low and they try their chances with cheating, but speed is good with European countries so they dont need to cheat for ratio but I cannot explain why Romania is one of the tops on banned country list ... because they are the 5th on download speed and 6th on upload speed in the world ...

P.S: The list is updated according to the posts

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaDBoY View Post
    I cannot explain why Romania is one of the tops on banned country list ... because they are the 5th on download speed and 6th on upload speed in the world ...
    Heard that's just metropolitan network speeds "distorting" the Speedtest.net stats. Romanian international routing's not that favorable.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    I'm good for you.
    Correct Anon. All Eastern European/Ex USSR countries have poor routing externally; check half of the Latvian speedtests showing a 200/100 mbit connection and the range is less than 50 miles. Having said this, most Western countries simply have not expanded outside - international cables - to provide a decent service aka, unlimited and unthrottled connection.

Im in favour of country bans/restrictions. From a staffers point of view, it's a good way of removing the majority of scum, not the majority of good users.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    India has good users

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    only some trackers ban countries,most dont,trackers like ipt,tl,btn,cn,hdc,ftn,fsc,ptm,ptn etc etc dont enforce country bans,why dont they ban countries,if the bad user theory associated with some countries is true??
    Last edited by karachidude; 11-27-2010 at 10:09 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    trackers like ipt,tl,btn,cn,hdc,ftn,fsc,ptm,ptn etc etc dont enforce country bans,why dont they ban countries,if the bad user theory associated with some countries is true??
    Because they don't have a problem dealing with their respective "bad users"?

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    trackers like ipt,tl,btn,cn,hdc,ftn,fsc,ptm,ptn etc etc dont enforce country bans,why dont they ban countries,if the bad user theory associated with some countries is true??
    Because they don't have a problem dealing with their respective "bad users"?
    or "better" and "more efficient" at dealing with there share of bad users?

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lootanus View Post
    India has good users
    Naah, I saw many cheaters from India too, and that's why India is banned in hdbits.org,scc & whatcd.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast