Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why

pieface
    I'm sure this question has been asked before, but i'll ask it again mainly for my own personal satisfaction.

Why do people offer up *untrue* files?

This is supposed to be a peer to peer filesharing network, where you would think people would help one another out by deleting bad files or naming files correctly, but at least 50% of video files what you try to download are never what they say they are.

Is it that these people who offer these files are making their stance against *piracy* by frustrating kazaa users.
    Or is it some little geek who sits in the corner and giggles when someone tries to download a new film only to discover its a bad copy of Pretty Woman or some such dross.

Maybe there should be a geek forum/network where these people could go and send files to one another all day, that would be cool.

I personally have enough problems with finding i have a virus from some file i have downloaded without wasting my time trying to find some episode of Sex in the city for my girlfriend and leaving it downloading, only to later find i've downloaded a program off the bloody home decorating network.

For me, Kazaa was a great find for music, we have obtained lots of rare stuff from here and good quality songs that we had forgotten; filmwise, it's a crapshoot, maybe downloaded 3 good quality films that have actually worked, best quality one being LOTR The Two towers.

I suppose in the end i shouldn't whine really, after all, it's free

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Fakes have been, are and will be no matter what we'll do.
    Organisations like RIAA or MPAA share fakes for obvious reasons, others for fun, they want to see someone d/l-ing large file of crap. What can you do ? Use Avi Preview or such other program, d/l files from many sources.

And yeah,
    I suppose in the end i shouldn't whine really, after all, it's free
    you shouldn't

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Consider that it could also be people that are on the original KaZaA that need to boost their PL level. Mainly I think it is kids or people that need to grow up. I usually d/l either rare or extremely common stuff. Sometimes I run across intentionally misnamed songs for "groups" that just want to distribute their stuff or get some recognition any way they can. For the movies there is the verified files. I actually check as soon as a movie releases for the sizes and lengths of movie that don't match and just exclude them when I think that the movie will be available. Also there are certain names that always have fakes. I just avoid them.

Nothing you can do. Like in Kindergarden, not everyone learns to share..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by life-of-brian@12 October 2003 - 21:43
    Sometimes I run across intentionally misnamed songs for "groups" that just want to distribute their stuff or get some recognition any way they can.
    This is the only logical thing for me. And it's a good way to do that too.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Retired
    therefor we have verified sections

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    People (not companies) get a retarded laugh out of it and thinks its funny.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    RIAA starts and and the dumb users spread them

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    to raise there particapation level i hate fake files now im in a bad frekin mood oh well i uaually only dl vid files bod bless avi previewer

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    to raise there particapation level
    no that used to be a exuse in the past but now theres no point in that coz of the PL cheat

I think basiclly the uses a noobs dont know how to delete files dont know its even a fake.

maybe away from their computer while its being shared which makes it spread so fast an d they havnt heard it yet and deleted it

if its fake or shit I dont see why you would want to waste space on the HD

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    no that used to be a exuse in the past but now theres no point in that coz of the PL cheat
    this works on the original kmd ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast