Thread: TorrentDay - Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by superjojo View Post
    I wonder how much time will it take to merwais makes a response
    Speak of the devil...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    And where exactly did you get those numbers? A source that is even somewhat reliable?

We've already seen how TD is willing to bullshit essentially every statistic of their site to try to make themselves seem better.

I'm calling bullcrap on any of those stats until you back it up with legitimate proof from a trusted source.

Nevermind, I did it for you:

TorrentDay

TorrentLeech

TorrentLeech's daily reach percentages are nearly quadruple that of TorrentDay. I'm calling bullshit on those ridiculous stats of yours.
    Use: http://whois.domaintools.com/torrentday.com
    Use: http://whois.domaintools.com/torrentleech.org

which is: www.whois.sc or http://whois.domaintools.com

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    superjojo's Avatar Everywhere BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    Seems TD is near to TL.
    TL will be history after 1-2 month
    So I've done a little homework.
    You were once a member of TL and the next year
    you wanted an invite for TL and before you claimed
    IPT is better than TL. I wonder what will happen
    next year

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Considering you aren't from the US, I would've thought that you would've been able to see that simply looking at US numbers clearly isn't an indicator of how popular a site as a whole is. Those numbers (for the US) do seem a little odd, and I'd be rather surprised if they actually turn out to be accurate. However, looking at one country by itself clearly is an incredibly skewed view of it, considering how on Alexa TL ranks as having over 4x as much traffic as IPT. It's evident that just looking at the US obliviously ignores the rest of the world in order to purposely skew your post. There is no way you can say that TD will "overcome" TL anytime soon.

TorrentDay is also an open registration tracker that has ads on pretty much every p2p related site and its mother (and how a new site managed to afford that is beyond me, it's clear that they either have an affiliation with IPT [which is why Merwais defends both], or that even worse, they are some shady established company with other, ulterior motives). TL is a private site where you can only get in with an invite. Considering that, it isn't at all surprising that TD may experience a spike of users, but I guarantee you it won't last considering how shady it's history is.

Even if you completely disregard traffic at all, there still is the issue of faking the amount of peers and faking the amount of members on the site (you can argue all you want about the peers but it seems rather convenient that the actual peer list was always half of what was listed on the site). Even so there was very, very solid proof that they were utterly lying and exaggerating their member count as it was rather easy to check through UserID's (and the fact that the sysop of the site starts at 90,000+).

A site that will so blatantly deceive members like that is not the type of site you should trust with all your personal information as you involve yourself in actions of questionable legality. I would never advise anyone to download from that site, in my mind it has completely destroyed any chance of trust it could ever have with its members.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    in past 2 months, I've found many stuff on Katz has the TD text file in their RAR

I LOVE Canada

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    TorrentDay is also an open registration tracker that has ads on pretty much every p2p related site and its mother (and how a new site managed to afford that is beyond me, it's clear that they either have an affiliation with IPT [which is why Merwais defends both], or that even worse, they are some shady established company with other, ulterior motives). TL is a private site where you can only get in with an invite. Considering that, it isn't at all surprising that TD may experience a spike of users, but I guarantee you it won't last considering how shady it's history is.
    They definitely are related in some way with IPT. There are just too many similar things you cannot simply say is coincidence. TorrentDay and IPT are hosted at the same datacenter, IP range is within 20 numbers 95.128.242.250 and 95.128.242.30. Both are registered by domains by proxy. Both use zonedit for dns. Both have banners that often change (possibly not sure if TorrentDay's does but judging by what it currently is it might)
    My sig, back to being better than anon-sbi's.

O and if anyone has FTN invite and just don't know what to do with it give it to me

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    PancakeWaffles, that was an stupid example

95.128.242.226 ( http://www.light-speed.com ) is near to 95.128.242.250 (IPT), it means 95.128.242.226 is connected to IPTorrents also ?

Don't act like a stupid, these ips are provided by datacenters, if an ip is in the same ip range, doesn't mean they have connection.

2 years ago IPTorrents IP Range was near to Revolutiontt, so they both had connections ? stupid of you

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by merwais View Post
    PancakeWaffles, that was an stupid example

95.128.242.226 ( http://www.light-speed.com ) is near to 95.128.242.250 (IPT), it means 95.128.242.226 is connected to IPTorrents also ?

Don't act like a stupid, these ips are provided by datacenters, if an ip is in the same ip range, doesn't mean they have connection.

2 years ago IPTorrents IP Range was near to Revolutiontt, so they both had connections ? stupid of you
    That datacenter is not a common one used by torrent trackers, in fact of all of the trackers I am a member of the only two that use it are IPTorrents and TorrentDay. Considering that IPT was hosted in a .ca but was moved to this .ru datacenter a little bit after TorrentDay went public. IPTorrents, a huge tracker would not be influenced by some random 0day tracker to change, the only way this change could have been influenced is if they were testing out the .ru for stability using TorrentDay initially before using it for IPTorrents since at that time they cared more about IPTorrents than Torrentday.

And the reason for pointing out the IP similarity was just a further thing to point out showing the obvious that the racks are going out of the same datacenter and are physically located extremely close.

Keep on sucking on that TorrentDay dick.
    Last edited by PancakeWaffles; 05-23-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    My sig, back to being better than anon-sbi's.

O and if anyone has FTN invite and just don't know what to do with it give it to me

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by PancakeWaffles View Post
    They definitely are related in some way with IPT. There are just too many similar things you cannot simply say is coincidence. TorrentDay and IPT are hosted at the same datacenter, IP range is within 20 numbers 95.128.242.250 and 95.128.242.30. Both are registered by domains by proxy. Both use zonedit for dns. Both have banners that often change (possibly not sure if TorrentDay's does but judging by what it currently is it might)
    Don't forget the ads TorrentDay had on LookPic, an image hoster run by the IPT sysop.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    This also brings up trust issues (if indeed correct) with regards to IPT as well, which has, for all intents and purposes, been one of the best trackers in terms of content.

Let's hope that our suspicions remain just that, suspicions
    Last edited by Rart; 05-24-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast