Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overcloacking Questions

ok so i just saw the adamp2p post:

My Aquamark Score, Radeon 9500 non-pro soft mod to pro

wich make me think that overcloaking migth actually be good....

Afterwhat i read the post of the perfect moron who ruined his radeon 9800 by trying to attach a fan cooler on it so i dont want to be the next moron who kill his card trying to ovgercloack it. From the desciption of adamp2p it was maily about installing a new set of overcloaker friendly driver and using some software tweaking utility.

Then i read another topic about the new ATI cataclysm 3.8... i remember to have seen a screen about that when i installed the new ati driver

So here are my quesions

1 does it worth overcloaking a radeon 9800 pro... is there more pro than cons... what are the wrost possible senario

2 so if i decide to proceed is there ressource on what i need to know ... from the adamp2p post i learn about a rage3d forum and some 3d videocard tweaker app ... is there presset of recomamded overcloack setting for an my videocard
    or should i tweak by incrementing step by step till

3 is there anything i need to know before i waste 350 dollar worth of graphic card any comment or even someone who kindly yell at me RTFM What do i loose if i use the moded Omega driver rather than official one

i do think i'll be good to face the overhead cauzed by that as my system has a pretty good air cooling system ... of course its not as good as the water cooling or even as those who literaly have a frezzer in that open box that they call a computer

if you are interested a bit here'S my comp ... i like the case everything has space between and we need no tool to change hardware
    http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/p...3&~tab=viewstab

well as you probably discover i'm a long time readear and i post only a few time ... usualy in the development forum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    OK, dude, hold your horses...

I would think that is you've already got a 9800 Pro, you would have little *need to overclock! However, don't let me dissuade you...

Why don't you run the Aquamark3 bench and post your score?

The only reason why I overclocked my card in the first place was because I was not satisfied with my results at the default clock and because I knew I would not damage anything.

If your card does not do what you need it to do at its default clock, then overclocking is a free performance boost.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    well i had a score of 5425 in the new 3d mark and wondered how someone with less ram / same cpu / same gpu caould have 1000 more .... however something bad hapened ... after i install a new direct x, ati driver and antivirus my score droped to 2000 even if i disabel that antivirus

i was most probably doing that for fun and becauz playing halo at a higer resolution that 640*480 can make lag my 2.8gh, 1gig ram machine

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    whats your aquamark score though?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Pho3niX@12 October 2003 - 20:08
    well i had a score of 5425 in the new 3d mark and wondered how someone with less ram / same cpu / same gpu caould have 1000 more .... however something bad hapened ... after i install a new direct x, ati driver and antivirus my score droped to 2000 even if i disabel that antivirus

i was most probably doing that for fun and becauz playing halo at a higer resolution that 640*480 can make lag my 2.8gh, 1gig ram machine
    he mighta lied.
    did he have his official stats on 3dmark03's website to prove?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Wolfmight+13 October 2003 - 05:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wolfmight @ 13 October 2003 - 05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pho3niX@12 October 2003 - 20:08

he mighta lied.
    did he have his official stats on 3dmark03&#39;s website to prove? [/b][/quote]
    you have a point. is it not great that aquamark page, eh? We see who&#39;s bluffing and who&#39;s not (what&#39;s about abu?)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by adamp2p@13 October 2003 - 05:31
    How do u get the aquamark scores? I downloaded aquamark and installed it but when i run it, it doesnt work. Nothing happanes well the screen is black with a white square on the upper right hand corner. any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Catracho+12 October 2003 - 23:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Catracho &#064; 12 October 2003 - 23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@13 October 2003 - 05:31
    How do u get the aquamark scores? I downloaded aquamark and installed it but when i run it, it doesnt work. Nothing happanes well the screen is black with a white square on the upper right hand corner. any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[/b][/quote]
    redownload it.. probably currupt or something.

I think the 9800 Pro is fast enough for todays games.. Going any faster will just make your score higher.. and help 3D CG Animation rendering go faster.

turn off that Nvidia Logo.. might be conflicting.
    (There&#39;s a way to turn it off in display> nvidia settings..)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    did someone say my name? wat&#39;s goin on? and btw dude, ur card is more than enough. don&#39;t oc it. play it safe. i&#39;m only ocing cuz i get the same temp as if i don&#39;t oc, so i&#39;m cool, but i go very slowly

i wouldn&#39;t recommend ocing ur monster. maybe ur cpu, but ur 9800 is fine

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    well strait out of the box here&#39;s the score ... there&#39;s definitively room for improvement

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...nID=1523572861

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast