45. You may not vote on this poll
  • nVidia

22 48.89%
  • ATI

23 51.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVidia Or ATI

Poster
    Right know i own a Nvidia but i seriouly think ATI is better, i have seen all the benchmarks so far and is amazing how a 128 ATI can outperform a 256 Nvidia card

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    *Grunt*
    Nvidia have alwys been the better card,but if it value for money ATI are slightley pushing ahead considering the benchmark results.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    ATI

Nvidia=AMD great quality, lower price
    Radeon=Intel better, cost alot more
    Nah not true, Radeons arent more expensive

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@13 October 2003 - 19:07
    how they compare up

Radeon=Intel better, cost alot more
    that analogy is ridiculous.

how about this?

Nvidia=Intel higher clock speeds, less bang per MHZ
    Radeon=AMD lower clock speeds, more bang per MHZ

i'm sure if Lamsey sees this, he'll be the first to point out what's wrong with my revised analogy. but the point is, both analogies are wrong.

people these days act like Nvidia is such an underdog and ATI are such greedy bastards. several months ago, it was completely the other way around. everybody thought Nvidia were the big evil monopoly and ATI were the underdog-- then the only thing that happened to make a difference was that Nvidia released the GeforceFX series and it was hugely disappointing. Nvidia's new generation performed just on par with, and sometimes much worse than, ATI's previous generation. oh, boo-hoo, poor Nvidia, now ATI are the bad guys just because Nvidia released a crappy video card.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually both of the fastest AIT and Nvidia cards have they're Good and Bad sides.
    more of a 50/50 even though speed isnt the same.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+14 October 2003 - 20:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 14 October 2003 - 20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight@13 October 2003 - 19:07
    how they compare up

Nvidia=AMD&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; great quality, lower price
    Radeon=Intel&nbsp; &nbsp; better, cost alot more

how about this?

i&#39;m sure if Lamsey sees this, he&#39;ll be the first to point out what&#39;s wrong with my revised analogy. but the point is, both analogies are wrong.

people these days act like Nvidia is such an underdog and ATI are such greedy bastards. several months ago, it was completely the other way around. everybody thought Nvidia were the big evil monopoly and ATI were the underdog-- then the only thing that happened to make a difference was that Nvidia released the GeforceFX series and it was hugely disappointing. Nvidia&#39;s new generation performed just on par with, and sometimes much worse than, ATI&#39;s previous generation. oh, boo-hoo, poor Nvidia, now ATI are the bad guys just because Nvidia released a crappy video card. [/b][/quote]
    You are funny&#33; But so so true...

Personally, I never root for the underdog...I stick to the facts...

I don&#39;t want to insult anyone&#39;s opinion in this thread, but the people who are trying to say that Nvidia is the leading graphics firm obviously have a screw (or two) loose.

I like to make objective judgements (it a good habit to get into). I guess the people who voted for Nvidia as the leader either/and/or:

a) Have not read any of the recent (for some time now) results of benchmarks from every review site imaginable (be it Tom&#39;s hardware, Andantech, or Xbitlabs) which clearly make ATI the leader by a longshot.

B) Are sore losers for buying one of those new FX series thinking it was top of the line, only too late did they realise that they got ripped off and won&#39;t just admit it...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I have an ATI All In Wonder Pro

agp 4x,w/32MB ram

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    i think they&#39;re both good companies. i&#39;ve got three nvidia cards and three ATI cards (six total, but only four are still in use). i didn&#39;t pay more than &#036;150 for any of them, but they were all pretty well-suited to what i wanted to do with them.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p+15 October 2003 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 15 October 2003 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@14 October 2003 - 20:35
    <!--QuoteBegin-Wolfmight
    @13 October 2003 - 19:07
    how they compare up

Radeon=Intel &nbsp; better, cost alot more

how about this?

i&#39;m sure if Lamsey sees this, he&#39;ll be the first to point out what&#39;s wrong with my revised analogy. but the point is, both analogies are wrong.

people these days act like Nvidia is such an underdog and ATI are such greedy bastards. several months ago, it was completely the other way around. everybody thought Nvidia were the big evil monopoly and ATI were the underdog-- then the only thing that happened to make a difference was that Nvidia released the GeforceFX series and it was hugely disappointing. Nvidia&#39;s new generation performed just on par with, and sometimes much worse than, ATI&#39;s previous generation. oh, boo-hoo, poor Nvidia, now ATI are the bad guys just because Nvidia released a crappy video card.
    You are funny&#33; But so so true...

Personally, I never root for the underdog...I stick to the facts...

I don&#39;t want to insult anyone&#39;s opinion in this thread, but the people who are trying to say that Nvidia is the leading graphics firm obviously have a screw (or two) loose.

I like to make objective judgements (it a good habit to get into). I guess the people who voted for Nvidia as the leader either/and/or:

a) Have not read any of the recent (for some time now) results of benchmarks from every review site imaginable (be it Tom&#39;s hardware, Andantech, or Xbitlabs) which clearly make ATI the leader by a longshot.

B) Are sore losers for buying one of those new FX series thinking it was top of the line, only too late did they realise that they got ripped off and won&#39;t just admit it... [/b][/quote]
    good point. ATI makes much better cards than nvidia, i voted for ati. c, if i had money, i would&#39;ve gotten a radeon 9500 pro or at least a 9600, but i don&#39;t , so i went with the cheapest 128 mb that can play hl2 and doom 3 on low (gfx 5200)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    i bought the 9600pro a while ago, its a great card&#33;&#33;&#33; kicks ass =)
    B)
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast