Thread: Do you use Usenet for peace of mind?

Personally one of the main reasons I use Usenet is simply for peace of mind. I wouldn't dare touch 0day releases on Demonoid, and then I still wouldn't on a tracker like Torrentleech.

I like knowing that I'm not really in any more danger downloading 0day releases than I would be downloading anything else on Usenet.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I dont see why a 0day release is so different from downloading anything else on BT. IMO the risk is all the same.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    I dont see why a 0day release is so different from downloading anything else on BT.
    If it's popular, there are more chances of IP harvesting taking place on that torrent - for public and huge private trackers, at least. Same goes with leaked stuff like the X-Men workprint.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Sure I get that, but 0day doesnt mean popular, it means new.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Sure I get that, but 0day doesnt mean popular, it means new.
    By 0day I was implying popular new releases like for movies and cd leaks etc.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    well if SSL is safer compare to torrent that yeah it gives me a piece of mind. i never have problem with torrents safety before so the thing i like about usenet, no need of expensive seedbox and keeping ratio up.