Thread: No Audio Drivers Installed

hi ive had a major prob with my pc and i have had to put win 98 on it (Was using xp pro) but know there is no audio or audio drivers and i cant find anything and the help files on 98 suk -----also my mic doesnt work

it says in system properties/device manager/other devices
    pci multimedia audio device and then a little yellow question mark

i then click properties and on the

general tab it says "the drivers for this device are not installed(code 28)to reinstall the drivers for this device click reinstall driver" so i do and it says it cant find any i put the 98 disc in and the motherboard disc in the drives but they dont contain them.

on the driver tab it says no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.to update the driver click update driver--so i do and again it cant find them

on the resources tab it says the resources this device is using do not match any of its known configuration.to assign resources manually for this device click set config manually (and theres a button to press)in conflicting devices list it says no conflicts

im using a jetway motherboard but i dont know how to find out exactly which one and if its anyuse 2 u anyway

if anyone can help it'd be good cos playing games with no sound sux and well have you watched american pie 3 with no sound hehe its not to good

cheers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    go to the jetway mobo site and download the audio drivers for win xp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    DriverGuide.com

They have drivers for just about everything. You need to sign up, but its free.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    user= drivers pass= all

use them dont have to signup

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Often, when you go to Windows Update, the site will list the newest versions of audio/video drivers that are available for your PC.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cheers got them from a website ----strange that windows update didnt notice though

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@13 October 2003 - 18:08
    cheers got them from a website ----strange that windows update didnt notice though
    Windows update support for win98 is being withdrawn. This may be one of the first things to go.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.