Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peoples Accent's

Forum Star
    well, lately, i have been reading different peoples posts and trying to do their accents at the same time (in my head of course )

i think it's probably since hearing illuminati on the radio the other night. now i cant read a single post of his without doing a liverpudlian one. i have also been reading some of our american friends in the same way, mainly cos i'm not too good at any others.

so, the question is, should i be worrying about whether my faculties are in order, (or whether i should get my head looked at for those who cant do a clever accent ) - or does anyone else also do this ?

i have a fairly low, slangy, glaswegian accent if any of you care to try - tho' not of the "ochaye the noOo jimmy" sort

previewing this, i suppose 'liverpudlian' and 'glaswegian' might sound strange if you've never been here or heard of them. so if you have a weird sounding name of an accent, let us know about that too

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Ex-member
    whut ye sain', mucker? didnae quite catch ye thur...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    doh ya wanna know where i cum from? i come from da black country ma m8

4. Lounge   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by pol@13 October 2003 - 20:24
    well, lately, i have been reading different peoples posts and trying to do their accents at the same time (in my head of course )

i think it's probably since hearing illuminati on the radio the other night. now i cant read a single post of his without doing a liverpudlian one. i have also been reading some of our american friends in the same way, mainly cos i'm not too good at any others.

so, the question is, should i be worrying about whether my faculties are in order, (or whether i should get my head looked at for those who cant do a clever accent ) - or does anyone else also do this ?

i have a fairly low, slangy, glaswegian accent if any of you care to try - tho' not of the "ochaye the noOo jimmy" sort

previewing this, i suppose 'liverpudlian' and 'glaswegian' might sound strange if you've never been here or heard of them. so if you have a weird sounding name of an accent, let us know about that too
    Pol, you're just weird!!! (joking)

I like that Liverpool accent. Made me remember the days of the Beatles.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Lamsey+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>whut[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey

thur[/quote]

a hink we must be fae a different toon Lamsey got the rest ae it tho&#39;

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ex-member
    ye jus&#39; dinnae mind the patter, ya roacket

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    scotish and England accent&#39;s are annoying.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by nigel123+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Pol, you&#39;re just weird&#33;&#33;[/b]

Originally posted by netweiser@
    doh ya wanna know where i cum from? i come from da black country ma m8
    is that england, up north

<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey

ye jus&#39; dinnae mind the patter, ya roacket[/quote]

a widnae uv hud that &#39;a&#39; in there, but ahve no heard that wan fur ages

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Hoo&#39;s it pronoonced, ya dobber?

It&#39;s roacket. no&#39; rocket. Use yer loaf.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    black country is in the west midlands, by dudley...england

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast