Thread: Using Microsoft Word

how do i install microsoft word? i downloaded the program, but when i click on it nothing happens. i tried adding new programs through control panel, but still nothing. i got the cd key, but i never get a chance to enter it. where can i look for help with this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    What file do you click and what extension it has?

Normally setup.exe or install.exe should start installing. Depends what kind of file you have for installation.

Post it here what file name and extension you are clicking
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    winword.exe

i don&#39;t have a setup or install file.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    extract the exe with winrar and see if you see a setup

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    okay, so now i just downloaded the office 2000 bootstrap setup file (i don&#39;t really know what it means) and when i click on it i get the error message: "the system cannot find the specified file". i really really appreciate your help with this.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    well, i got the setup to work, but then installer says there&#39;s no package to install. so i tried winrar and it just tries to make the exe file into a rar file. i don&#39;t know how to extract the exe in winrar -- no archive to extract, it said. any more ideas? did i just download a bad file? i downloaded 2 versions, but neither one are working. thanks&#33;