Thread: Can't Connect Because Too Many Users Are Uploading

Hi everyone,

I'm new at this board. I was wondering if any of you experience this, or if it's a normal thing with kazaa lite.

I notice when I launch kazaa lite, there seems to be easily more than 30 users uploading from me at high kbps so that it takes a really really long time before I can connect. when I'm finally able to connect, then it follows the upload ratio and things normalize. Sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes.

Has any of you noticed this happening, is this normal, and is there a way to prevent this when launching kazaa lite? I notice it brings even web surfing to a crawl.

Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    you are not supposed to upload at 100% of your upload bandwidth

set your upload speed to only 80% of your upload bandwidth and see your download speed up.

happy file sharing

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    19" NEC, 200gig.
    Stop showing off....LoL

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaadude@14 October 2003 - 22:34
    Hi everyone,

I'm new at this board. I was wondering if any of you experience this, or if it's a normal thing with kazaa lite.

I notice when I launch kazaa lite, there seems to be easily more than 30 users uploading from me at high kbps so that it takes a really really long time before I can connect. when I'm finally able to connect, then it follows the upload ratio and things normalize. Sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes.

Has any of you noticed this happening, is this normal, and is there a way to prevent this when launching kazaa lite? I notice it brings even web surfing to a crawl.

Thanks.
    This is normal, you've been sharing too much to too many for too long.

Now they ALL want to download from you right now and continually hammer your ip to get a download! They'll EVEN be hammering your ip while you're NOT running KL++!

You can run with sharing off but actually BE sharing in an attempt to drain off some of these.

To do this, start up with uploads set at possibly as high as 20.
    Then disable sharing.
    NOTICE that the uploads CONTINUE even though at the bottom it says you AREN'T sharing!
    They will continue till they either disconnect or get a complete file chunk or the whole file.
    When the remaining active uploads dwindles to under 4 and/or you're no longer uploading at full speed (the 80-90% limit for your connection that is...), then REENABLE sharing and wait for the uploads to fill back up again.
    Then turn sharing off AGAIN.

Eventually, you'll run out of uploads if you are quick enough about it.

The reason why this should work is you're satisfying OLD upload requests rather than ALLOWING new upload requests.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    the same has happen to me but i never allowed it to continue for the 30 minutes you have stated...even when ive closed kazaa it still uploads...so i usually reboot the pc to stop it...maybe if i was to wait a few minutes it may have ceased..but i wasnt gunna do that...and still wouldnt..after all i have my settings to only have 1 slot open and a very low upload rate set...if it overrides those settings(ive seen it allow 6 uploads at once) im not about to let it continue...my guess is its just a bug in kazaa with specific pc/op sys setups...i hope it isnt anything worse.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    To james_bond_rulez, Switeck and randm01,

Thanks a lot for the info and advice. I thought this was normal procedure for kazaa lite. I didn't even know that people could upload even when kazaa lite was off, or that they could hammer my ip address. I have turned off my computer, but if that doesn't work, I'll turn the sharing off, set my uploads to 80% bandwidth, then turn the sharing on when it normalizes.

Thanks again.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Double Agent
    well normally it wouldn't happen if you use a firewall, connections will be severed once the application is turned off.

if you find yourself flooded you can change your ip address to avoid it.

i'd suggest 2 applications which you might find useful

netlimiter - limits apps internet traffic
    smac - spoof mac, emulates your nic mac address so you can change your ip anytime you want

good luck with your p2p experience

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 October 2003 - 13:48
    well normally it wouldn't happen if you use a firewall, connections will be severed once the application is turned off.

if you find yourself flooded you can change your ip address to avoid it.

i'd suggest 2 applications which you might find useful

netlimiter - limits apps internet traffic
    smac - spoof mac, emulates your nic mac address so you can change your ip anytime you want

good luck with your p2p experience
    Thanks man.

After turning off the pc then running kl again, there were still the large amount of uploaders when I was trying to connect, so I turned off kl, set the options to lower the bandwidth, then before I even switched off the sharing, the uploaders started dropping off until only three were left, which was my setting. I turned sharing back on, and everything seems pretty okay now. I guess you and everyone were right about my unlimited setting.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I also checked out the sites of netlimiter and smac softwares and bookmarked them. Maybe I'll use them in the future. Thanks