Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edonkey Pulls Ahead In European P2p Race

European peer-to-peer network users are abandoning traditionally popular applications like Kazaa in favor of new P2P software, according to new research.

A study released Tuesday by network equipment manufacturer Sandvine has found big differences between the North American P2P market and that of Europe. While applications that are based on FastTrack--such as Kazaa and Grokster--still dominate in the United States, they have less sway in other countries.

In Germany, the United Kingdom and Israel, eDonkey is the rising star, which Sandvine says is evidence that the file-sharing sector is now an evolving, multiapplication environment.

http://news.com.com/2100-1025-5091230.html?tag=nefd_hed

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    emule/ edonkey where always gonna replace kazaa worldwide sooner or later.

the fact it shares partial files, has better hashing and error checking will mean it will be a much better p2p app if it can get the user base kazaa has.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    thats only if u get the donkey working i had to try several mods till i found one that does the work
    Open your mind

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have never been able to get it to work. Often the queues are hundreds, sometimes even thousands long, even if there are several sources available. Am I doing something wrong? (I use the e-donkey network in shareaza).

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@15 October 2003 - 19:12
    I have never been able to get it to work. Often the queues are hundreds, sometimes even thousands long, even if there are several sources available. Am I doing something wrong?
    Same question here...

Anyway, choosing one program over another is stupid... There are files you'll find on one network and not on the other... To stay a happy filesharer, I use 4 different progs: K-lite, BT, Emule and soulseek!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    there is a serverless client floating about that should connect automatically.

yeah its a bit slow since there are not as many users asa kazaa and the fiels are much bigger.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by 4play@15 October 2003 - 19:15
    there is a serverless client floating about that should connect automatically.
    Name or link, please...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    story here

i cant seem to find the program itself i saw it on suprnova a while back.
    i would just use
    http://ed2k.has.it/ download the server list adn add it to emule or edonkey and it will connect to one of them. after that the list autoupdates itself.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    mmmm... Alpha? Better wait a little, then... Still that's good news. Thanks!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by Gurahl+15 October 2003 - 18:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl @ 15 October 2003 - 18:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@15 October 2003 - 19:12
    I have never been able to get it to work.&nbsp; Often the queues are hundreds, sometimes even thousands long, even if there are several sources available.&nbsp; Am I doing something wrong?
    Same question here...

[/b][/quote]
    Also same question here. btw I used Shaeaza because of Bittorrent and
    e-donkey/e-mule integration but Shareaza won&#39;t connect since this weekend. Has anyone got the same problem???
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast