Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Wipe My Pc Clean?

Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    I am using the Windows Setup Disk, but I don't think it is working..
    What program can I use to delete EVERYTHING?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why don't you think that the Windows disk is working?

Edit: You can always use KillDisk
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    start up ur computer in dos and type format for whole system format or format/q for a quick format

edit:same question as clocker. windows cd shud give u an option to format ur pc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@15 October 2003 - 17:30
    start up ur computer in dos and type format for whole system format or format/q for a quick format

edit:same question as clocker. windows cd shud give u an option to format ur pc.
    How do I run it in DOS?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ZeroX9+16 October 2003 - 03:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroX9 &#064; 16 October 2003 - 03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-ultimatejester@15 October 2003 - 17:30

How do I run it in DOS?[/b][/quote]
    Important drive information (servo, sector layout, and defect management, etc.) is stored in the low-level format at the factory. This information is designed to last the life of the drive and therefore it is not possible to low level the drive outside the factory. Although some drive manufactures and BIOS provided so-called "low level format utilities", they actually perform a write-read verify of the drive’s user data sectors, and do not actually perform a low-level format. In the event of a corrupted master boot record or boot block virus, use FDISK /MBR command to restore the master boot record.

If you need to low level format your hard drive then check the drive manufacturer and download such an utility from its website. Every drive manufacturer provides just such a utility. Here is a list of hard drive manufacturers with a links to low level format utilities:

Note:
    If normal (high level) hard disk formatting is required, you can use DOS FDISK command to first erase and create partitions and then use FORMAT. It is also a good idea when you hard disk becomes inaccessible to see if it is just the system files that are corrupted. Most of the time, it is the case. SYS will do the job of replacing system files. Therefore, low level format is always of LAST RESORT when you encounter HDD problems.

IBM(Hitachi)
    Seagate
    Maxtor
    Fujitsu
    Samsung
    Western Digital

Need to ZERO FILL YOUR HARD DRIVE?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ZeroX9+15 October 2003 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZeroX9 @ 15 October 2003 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ultimatejester@15 October 2003 - 17:30

How do I run it in DOS? [/b][/quote]
    u need to make a ms-dos disk first. insert a clean floppy and then rite click floppy and selet format and then choose "create a ms-dos disk". after this just start your computer without removing the floppy and type format.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    http://www.jetico.com/

comes in handy if you don&#39;t want to reformat, and this will completely get rid of anything PERMANENTLY

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    How Do I Wipe My Pc Clean?
    I use a damp cloth myself.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    The only reason I am going to delete everything is because I am almost out of HD space.

And most of it is not in my Add/Remove programs list

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ZeroX9@15 October 2003 - 17:53
    The only reason I am going to delete everything is because I am almost out of HD space.

And most of it is not in my Add/Remove programs list
    so its your documents then,, that is what you need to clean also just get another hard drive its better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast