3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@16 October 2003 - 03:30
    Very unclear question.

The answer in no.
    i assumed he was joking.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I think he is asking: Can linux run windows programs?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@16 October 2003 - 03:54
    but he asked "does linux work with EVERY windows program.

ur right though, he musta meant some - but i guess he didn't really care 2 much since haven't heard from him since.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+15 October 2003 - 19:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an @ 15 October 2003 - 19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KrackHead2k@16 October 2003 - 03:54
    but he asked "does linux work with EVERY windows program.

ur right though, he musta meant some - but i guess he didn&#39;t really care 2 much since haven&#39;t heard from him since. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah I&#39;m guessing thats it, because his question is very unclear. And that is a very common question that people ask.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    WinLinux runs on windows OS, but all the other boot as its own OS. Just put the CD in and install.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    They are reffering to wine emulators and no they cant run every windows program under wine. There is a list of what is know to run under wine without ANY problems or system crashes. But to me, wine sucks, if you want to run windows then get another box.

http://www.winehq.org/site/supported_applications

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by shn@16 October 2003 - 06:18
    They are reffering to wine emulators and no they cant run every windows program under wine. There is a list of what is know to run under wine without ANY problems or system crashes. But to me, wine sucks, if you want to run windows then get another box.

or just duel boot.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Agent Smith+16 October 2003 - 08:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent Smith @ 16 October 2003 - 08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@16 October 2003 - 06:18
    They are reffering to wine emulators and no they cant run every windows program under wine.&nbsp; There is a list of what is know to run under wine without ANY problems or system crashes.&nbsp; But to me, wine sucks, if you want to run windows then get another box.

or just duel boot. [/b][/quote]
    To some people thats an option. But really when you think about it, duel booting with windows and linux sucks. When you want to use linux its fine but when you need to use something that requires windows operability then you have to reboot and shit. Thats a headache. Thats why you should have at least 2 pc&#39;s around if you want to run seperate o.s.

I have 3 boxes, windows 2000 and windows xp on a dual boot on a desktop slackware linux on my mj-12 (previously red hat linux advanced server) and solaris 9 on my laptop.

Duel booting 2 windows o.s. is not a problem. Its windows and linux together thats a major inconvenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast