Thread: Cable Box

my cable box just stop giving out sound. my tv sound works fine but when i turn the box on it does not have no sound.i tapped the box once and the sound came back but now it left and it won't come back. please help!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Physical abuse is never a solution.

Please, get help before it's too late.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Check the connections on the back of the box and the tv (or anything else you may have the cable run through) If that doesn't work: Call the cable company.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    muchspl2
    take it to the cable people to fix or get a new one, otherwise keep giving it technical taps till it works.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by muchspl2@16 October 2003 - 04:47
    take it to the cable people to fix or get a new one, otherwise keep giving it technical taps till it works.
    Technical taps are only effective if you pretend to walk away, spin quickly and suprise it.

Alternatively, you could paint the box another color.

Lastly, unscrew everything and screw it back in, including checking power to the box and your cable where it plugs into the wall.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Technical taps, I like that. At my old job, working for an audio company, we made "adjustments" to gear that was not functioning properly. It was a boss approved method for in the field repair work. A kick or an elbow smash usually did the trick. Last resort was just dropping said piece of gear on the ground several times (preferably from some high spot like the edge of the stage, the loading dock, or the closest rooftop).

7. Lounge   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Are you certain that you're not watching a Marly Matlin festival?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg