Thread: Bit Torrent Problems

Poster
    ive succesfully downloaded many files with bittorrent the past few weeks, but just now its started acting up. Im at 79% percent of a 4+gig download, and now when ever i try to continue downloading it gives me

Problem connecting to tracker -<urlopen error (10060, &#39;operation timed out&#39>

Not just with this one download though. Its with any download(with bit torrent), using any torrent. Ive tried reinstalling bit torrent, restarting my comp, repairing my internet connection (cable), what can i do? Even after waiting for more than an hour to try to get the download started, it just doesnt start and gives me this message.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Sometimes I get that message too, but the download still goes on.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i usuallly wait 1-5 min then it worked... then after a week it just suddenly stopped downloading so i went back to version 3.1 and it worked..........
    if download still doesen&#39;t work trying going back to 3.1&#33;

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Chances are it has nothing to do with the program. It is most likley to be that the tracker has gone offline. Or your connection is slow. Just wait a while and it will start up again, if it don&#39;t then its probably a dead torrent.
    My sig has been pwnd by some h4x0r&#33;

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    correct
    http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#errmsg

great faq and guide to every bittorrent question you could ever have