Thread: Deleted Files Returning From The Grave

Hi all- I noticed several posts asking about this on the questions, and problems boards. Where basically, they were deleting the files out of their shared folder, and then found them back in there at a later time.
    I had this happen to me too, a couple of times with "disclaimer/beepers" that I tried to get rid of, so that they wouldnt keep going around to other users. I deleted them by sending them to the recycle bin, and then found that they had wormed their way back into the shared folder.

Here's three things that I have found that keep them from coming back into the shared folder.
    A) Immediately empty the recycle bin after deleting them. (Doesnt always work)
    B.) Using a file shredder program on them (Not everybody has one of those tho)
    C) Holding down the [shift] key while pressing [delete] to get rid of them. This bypasses the recycle bin, and just allocates the filespace as writeable disk space again. <- this one seems to work every time for me, since I havent had any of them pop back up, when I&#39;ve deleted them using this method.

Hopefully, this helps

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    nice tip thanks

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think this happens when someone is downloading from you. So go to you "Traffic" window, cancel the upload and quickly delete it from the "My Kazaa Lite K++" tab. I&#39;m not sure though.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Since i shift + delete files everytime, i have never faced that problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by 99shassan@18 October 2003 - 22:58
    I think this happens when someone is downloading from you. So go to you "Traffic" window, cancel the upload and quickly delete it from the "My Kazaa Lite K++" tab.&nbsp; I&#39;m not sure though.
    Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, this was back when I had my settings set so as not to let peeps download from me. So in my particular case (at that time) that wasnt it.
    (But yes...I DO share now, that Ive got broadband&#33; )

There&#39;s some thread listed on the boards where they are saying to go into different settings, and whatnot. But, since I found this way, I thought that it would be a lot easier for peeps that arent too comp literate to be able to do.

And yeah, I hit shift+del most of the time too...but sometimes I forget

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    you better share &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; la~

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by dogma@20 October 2003 - 01:03
    you better share &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; la~
    yup yup- I got about 325 files in that folder that are available to anybody that searches for them