Thread: Bittorrent Question

I started to download Max Payne from BitTorrent, but when i woke up it was still going so slow , 1kbs, and i only had 1% of the file complete, so i stoped the download at 1%. BUT.

When i checked the file size of the Max Payne Folder it said is was 1.5ish GB . then i looked in the folder and seen CD1 and CD2 . i checked the file size of both folders and they were both 700ishMB.

How can that be since i stoped the download at 1%

2. Games   -   #2
    muchspl2

3. Games   -   #3
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    it automatically makes the appropriate file type in the folder you are downloading to, thats why you saw it there. also, use Shadow's bittorrent client , it works nicely

4. Games   -   #4
    "Why is my downloaded file huge even though I only downloaded a small bit?
    When BitTorrent starts, it allocates space for the entire file(s). That is what you see at startup as the progress bar moves across the screen and the disk drive goes crazy. The reason it does this is because it downloads the file in pieces, and those pieces arrive in an arbitrary order. Unlike http or ftp, which download the file from start to finish, BT downloads it in random order."

Ok i understand allocation. but still since BitTorrent is allocating the needed space before it actually downloads the files. and it only takes secs to do the allocation. and when that process is finished there is no F-ing way there is literally 1.5GB of files on my PC that was downloaded in seconds.

Yet my hard drive sees this allocation as actual 1.5GB of data. i still dont get it

5. Games   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    im not sure, as i use shadows client, maybe that has something to do with it, cuz ive never seen that before, unless its a messed up torrent, i guess thats always poosible, and if you use shadows already, there is an update to S-5.8.6

6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Russo@17 October 2003 - 00:55

Ok i understand allocation.
    no, you don't
    read and repeat till necessary