Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Is The Best ?

*Grunt*
    I think AMD
    You have to consider that even though in the past Intel have been slightly faster on their competing processers, but not by that far for example the Athlon XP 3200+ and the P4 3.2 the benchmark results were incredibly close considering the clock speeds for both of them, in fact theres almost 1ghz in the gap which shows you what they had to do to get ahead.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    get a dual p4 rig. Quake 3 has some multi-processor support and im sure that more and more games will also in the future. but until then you can encode video and play games at the same time

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    The reason why people saying the Amd64 sucked, well didnt do as well as they thought was because the base core to the Amd64 is a 2ghz chip, and what they tested was only the 32 bit side of it. Im not sure the actual design of the amd64 but i think they have a seperate 32bit legacy chip on the dye and not a 2* split 64 chip ( think nitendo 64, 2*32 bit chips linked together )

when 64 bit stuff comes out then we we really see the power of the amd64. untill then think of the amd64 as a 64 bit chip with a 32 bit chip bolted onto it.

correct me as this is only an educated guess

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123