Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook Express

Retired
    Originally posted by I.am@17 October 2003 - 10:53
    what are you talking about? Hotmail emails can be downloaded to outlook express!
    since when???
    arround 1 year ago microsoft disabled it and if you still wanted to open hotmail in outlook you had to get a payed account...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    since when???
    arround 1 year ago microsoft disabled it and if you still wanted to open hotmail in outlook you had to get a payed account...
    ok i think thats the problem!

BTW the error was

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+17 October 2003 - 05:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} &#064; 17 October 2003 - 05:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@17 October 2003 - 10:53
    what are you talking about? Hotmail emails can be downloaded to outlook express&#33;
    since when???
    arround 1 year ago microsoft disabled it and if you still wanted to open hotmail in outlook you had to get a payed account... [/b][/quote]
    I thought about that too&#33; That is the time when Yahoo&#33; stopped its pop mail as well. But hotmail in OE still works. Before posting here yesterday I tried again and it downloaded all my inbox messages.
    I think pop has been stopped but HTTP configuration still works.

Edit: Smtp works as well.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@17 October 2003 - 05:36
    BTW the error was
    hmm.
    What else did it say which is not visible on the picture? If you drag the scrollbar down what else was it?
    I hope you don&#39;t have SSL checked when you were making a connection.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    You have Outlook express right, we are not talking about Microsoft Outlook.

Check these out&#33;

Try&#33;

pop3uild.dat file might be corrupted

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    @IKE - I&#39;m surprised u didn&#39;t know that. Off course u can have ur hotmail/msn account created in OExpress, Outlook & Exchange (any version). And U still can create an account using any of the three. The new version will just direct u to either .net or passport. Also, I.am showed one possibility, msn has it&#39;s own server to (for msn accounts). The easiest to setup in is xp & above.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    What else did it say which is not visible on the picture? If you drag the scrollbar down what else was it?
    Configuration:
    Account: Hotmail
    Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp
    User name: [email protected]
    Protocol: HTTPMail
    Port: 0
    Secure(SSL): 0
    Code: 80004005
    I hope you don&#39;t have SSL checked when you were making a connection.
    Wats SSL?

@i.am
    pop3uild.dat
    cant find it and i using XP

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12