Thread: GFXNews Review

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    GfxNews

Invite System : unknown
    Category: Graphics oriented applications, training and content.
    Number of Users: ~ Around 65.000
    Number of torrents: ~ Around 130.000 Articles

They have tons of graphics content in many categories. Anyone interested in graphics should have an account here. To my knowledge, this tracker is unique in its content selection.

Many of the people who use Gfxnews are graphics professionals or serious hobbyists with a lot of knowledge. Asking in the forums is a good way of getting serious graphics oriented questions answered.

A common issue new users run into is that it's hard to seed back, because they jump on old or re-registered torrents. Compared to other private trackers with strict ratio rules, building buffer is about the same, so experienced pirates should have no problems. People are now no longer banned when they hit low ratio. Instead they're placed in limited account mode, allowing them to eventually seed back - unless they donate first.
    It's my impression that several members donate to download and have easy access, without having to seed back. The frequently open signups, and limited account system, support this idea.

Some of the moderators and members release exclusive content to the tracker, either personally or through scene groups. Many of these releases are completely unique.

The rules are often updated and can be accessed through the forums, through several topics. Some of them are particular to the tracker, and it's necessary to know them to avoid trouble. RTFM applies. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

2. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #2
    KRink's Avatar Headshot Deluxe BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Very good site, very professional like its sister site audionews. A must have site for anyone who's a professional artist, all the torrents are scene release too! Super fast speeds, and lots of seeders. one of the better sites of its kind!

and like audionews, open registration on the beginning of each month for a couple days or so.
    Last edited by KRink; 11-09-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #3
    GlazeKing's Avatar Poster
    I can easily find what I'm looking for here. Great amount of content to find my tools for any project or if I simply want to make a few avatars or userbars.