Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC Review

WTAW's Avatar WTAW Group BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    FSC Review

General

FSC is one of the best community based trackers. It differentiates itself from most trackers by trying to return the focus to the two most important things which brings us all together, which are having fun and sharing with our friends. Although the tracker is pretty decent, most members will agree that the real appeal of FSC lies within its incredible community, which is very active in the forums. The site prides itself on the fact that no user has ever been banned due to bad ratio, and that every user with a bad ratio got plenty of chances to fix his/her ratio, which probably came along with advice from staff on how to achieve this goal. FSC also has a unique ratio system, which is called a Share Index, which takes into account the user's will to share, rather than focus only on normal upload/download ratio.
    The content on the tracker is a mix of your usual 0-day releases, combined with specialized materials (see information about Clubs) and filled requests.

Forums and Clubs

FSC forums are some of the best on the net. In addition to normal forums found on many trackers, FSC's forums contain clubs, which are sub-forums focusing on certain interests, where enthusiasts can get together and discuss their hobbies and views. Naturally, club members use the tracker to share files related to the mutual fields of interest. The clubs are:

The DVD Club - For discussion and developement of the DVD Club
    The Music Club - lalalal la la laaaa
    The Philosophy Club - Dead Poets Society
    x264 Club | High Def - For encoding discussion and High Def interest
    The Creative Club - For combining creativity and technology. Digital, Audio, Video, Coding.
    The Anime Club - Because we never grew up
    The Game Club - We came. We clicked. We conquered. - Club for all Gaming
    The TV Club - All the TV-shows you ever wanted
    The Fight Club - Discussion of Fight related material
    The Kids Club - Disney, Cartoons and other kids related stuff

Categories

1. Anime
    2. Appz/DOX
    3. Appz/LinuX
    4. Appz/Windows
    5. Cartoons
    6. eBooks
    7. Games/Console
    8. Games/misc
    9. Games/PC
    10. Misc
    11. Movies/DVDR NTSC
    12. Movies/DVDR PAL
    13. Movies/SVCD
    14. Movies/VCD
    15. Movies/x264
    16. Movies/XviD
    17. Music
    18. Music/Videos
    19. TV/DVDR TV/XviD
    20. XXX

(*) FSC only allows legal material to be shared. The user agreement specifically requires every member to legally own any copyrighted material he accesses.

User Classes

Leecher - Has not shared enough with the community and risks being disabled
    Those members who do not practice the spirit of sharing. If a member continually disconnects from a torrent the moment it has finished (Hit & Run), then they will be demoted by staff.

Member - The default class of new members.

Advanced Member - Can view NFO files and access more of the forum.
    Must have been be a member for at least 2 weeks, have uploaded at least 25GB and have a Share Index at or above 1.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Advanced Seeder - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is a good sharer.
    Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have uploaded at least 50GB and have a Share Index at or above 2.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Super Seeder - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is a great sharer.
    Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have uploaded at least 250GB and have a Share Index at or above 5.05. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met.

Star - Has donated money to FSC.
    Just donate, and send the best coder in the industry - and only him - the details.

VIP - Same privileges as Advanced Member and is considered an Important Member of
    FSC. Immune to automatic demotion.
    Promotion based on contribution (monetory or otherwise). This promotion is a privilege, not a right. The staff reserve the right to demote anyone they feel are abusing this privilege.

Support Team - Special members who give their time to help others.
    Conferred by the staff at their discretion to those that can contribute in this role.

Elite - Same privileges as VIP and is considered an Elite Member of
    FSC. Immune to automatic demotion.
    Assigned by staff only after special consideration. (Please do NOT ask for *ELITE* status.)

Apprentice Moderator - Can edit and delete any user comments and posts. Can issue warnings and disable posting rights..
    Members of our community that show they have that something special for this job!

Moderator - Can edit and delete any uploaded torrents. Can also moderate user comments and disable accounts.
    Members of our community that show they have that something special for this job!

Global Moderator - Can do more than a moderator but not as much as a supervisor.

Supervisor - Can edit and delete accounts. Can IP ban a user.

Administrator - Can do almost anything (except make a cup of tea).

Invites

Since FSC is not your average tracker, getting an invite is not as trivial thing. Invites are not handed out automatically, but must be requested by members and handed out individually by staff members. Only advanced users and above may request invites, and having a huge buffer does not automatically warrant success in receiving an invite. While exact details for qualification to receiving invites is not disclosed by staff members, requesting users are expected to be active in the community (post in the forums, write meaningful comments on torrents etc.) to be considered eligble to receive them.

The Share Index System (c)

The Share Index system is unique to FSC, and was designed to help those that find it hard to seed back enough to maintain a healthy ratio. For each 24 hours of connectivity, members earn a ratio 0.10 for each active torrent. That means that even if no one leeches from a seeder, within 10 days of sharing he will have a ratio of at least 1.0 on that torrent! This special ratio is called a Share Ratio, and is basically a bonus, added to the traditional up/down file ratio.

The Share Ratio is added to the member's file ratio to create a combined ratio, which is called a Share Index. The Share Index is the defacto measure of sharing on the site. If you are partially successful in seeding some data back, the Share Ratio for that torrent will help to boost the file ratio. All this goes into the Share Index.

Staff

One of the best things about FSC is its staff, which is extremely nice, helpful and mature. The coding of the site is excellent, and the site has almost zero downtime. The main coder is considered by many to be a legend in the BT community.

Additional Available Features

Active IRC channel with free humps.

Additional Information

To become an uploader you must fill in a request in a special forum and get approval by a staff member.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-27-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

2. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    can I have a screen please =D

3. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Why not?

yo

5. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #5
    Respecting the tracker's privacy, I presume.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Respecting the tracker's privacy, I presume.
    Most of the bittorrent forums break that rule whats so special about fsc?

all the cool kids and teens go there i guess

7. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Screenshots do little more than what is posted already. I like screenshots as they better show the number of leechers and seeders, the type of files which are being uploaded, the aesthetics and UI of the site, etc.

If the thread starter had said "No" I would have understood that as a personal preference or he/she simply did not have any. But a mod saying "No" after a request insinuates that they aren't allowed. Hence, my question.

yo

8. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    Most of the bittorrent forums break that rule whats so special about fsc?
    I like seeing screenshots too, I was just throwing a guess. Seems we'll have to wait until a Mod replies.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    So what would happen if fsc url was posted?

10. BitTorrent Tracker Reviews   -   #10
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    So what would happen if fsc url was posted?
    If memory serves me in the past, moderators have gone along with the trackers wishes and removed the URL's etc...

Not sure about SS's though as I think there was something about E**** not long ago and screens were posted of that, in fact they're probably still there, I'm just too lazy to go look and post the link here
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast