Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Abuse Of Power?

Poster
    Originally posted by soopaman@17 October 2003 - 17:47
    JPaul,
    I get the gist of what you're saying but it doesn't take away the fact that the Thread was closed because of one persons pedantry!!!
    But it's one of those subjective judgement things mate.

I personally don't agree that the thread should have been shut, I have seen a lot worse, however I can't find the now to review it in the cold light of day. As I recall scribblec re-iterated that he really still wanted me to be run over by a lorry, but that could have been somewhere else.

The point is that I have seen things which I have considered worse left open, however the important thing is the I. Lamsey, or any of the mods must make a judgement call. The decision on whether the thread has gone too far is theirs to make, that is why they are there. In addition to keeping the board tidy, moving threads to appropriate places, dealing with spammers and flame attacks etc.

Like I said it is a subjective call, but it is their subjective call which is the important one. There is always the facility to make representations if you disagree with those calls.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by netweiser-@17 October 2003 - 17:46
    no offense but some of the mods am prats anyway
    I see this often.

Do people feel it's OK to say something offensive, as long as they put no offense before it.

No offense, you are a spamming, self advertising pain in the arse.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Insulting people like some members of the forum do leaves the message,lowest form's of life.be nice to 1 another

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by soopaman@17 October 2003 - 16:35
    I wasn't offended by Scribblec calling me a "retard", it was only a bit of Football banter.
    Perhaps you weren't offended by it, but there are many who might be. Those who are emotionally or mentally disabled, for instance. What you take to be 'only a bit of football banter' may seriously hurt another person.

As I have said, if there is flaming of this sort, we will close threads such as this. We have always worked like this, to avoid anyone being upset by the content on the forum.

I am percieving that you have some sort of personal vendetta against me, Soopaman. If you really do believe that my age or attitude does not qualify me to be in the mod team, please do feel free to PM an administrator or another member of the mod team.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by soopaman@17 October 2003 - 16:35
    I wasn't offended by Scribblec calling me a "retard", it was only a bit of Football banter. Nobody that was posting in that thread was getting really offensive, I didn't notice any excessive profanity or any homophobia/racism or the like. I didn't bother with a PM because I wanted to know what other contributors to the "Turkey vs England" thread thought about it's closure. If I was that offended by the "retard" comment I would've used a PM to a Mod to express my dismay, as it happens I'm an adult and could just laugh it off. Shame other users of this Forum can't do the same!!!

Just following the rules is no defence of an abuse of power!!

Remember "Nuremberg" Lamsey?? Lots of people on trial for "just following the rules". Didn't do them much good, did it??
    the meaning by my free speach Answer was that reading between the lines there is always someone who want's to take that right away,clear as mud are We??

6. Lounge   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    You know Lamsey, it'd be unlikely that anyone would've guessed your age. Or if they had, they'd peg it higher.

u dun sp33k lik TH1S!!!! 4 fcuk sak! n00b!

Sometimes the don't ask, don't tell policy works wonders.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@18 October 2003 - 03:34
    i know this is off topic and really stupid, but ur ninja pic made me lmao. he's like, SHIT!

thanks fer that 1.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    englands good at cricket or golf cant remember and we cant even keep a football topic aint our country great lol

9. Lounge   -   #19
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I disagree with the thread in question being closed (although I do respect the decision) I mean come on' this is the f'n lounge! If a member complained about it then fair enough but if not, why not let it ride out and disappear under the many other threads started in the lounge?

I didn't PM a mod cos it doesn't upset me that much to see it closed but nothing really does.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Meh, I think a line should be drawn as to how far members are aloud to go with flaming.

If a mod sees that the light hearted fun is going to turn into a cyber version of a bar brawl then yeah he's done good by acting upon it.

And also like lamsey said other people need to be taken into account.
    But who knows, I don't see this place as a police state, and I'm a rebel B)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast