Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Abuse Of Power?

"You know what flames do, guys?

That's right.

Click."

Another abuse of power?? No prizes for guessing who locked the Turkey vs England thread. So now members aren't even allowed to disagree and light-heartedly "flame" each other? This board is getting worse, the choice of Mods is fucking ridiculous. You get a really deep insight into life and dealing with people when you're 18!!!

I thought we could post what we wanted (within reason) in the Lounge?? Obviously not......
    Signature removed

2. Lounge   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I assume that you have already PM'd the mod in question and were unsatisfied with the response?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BANNED
    This place is getting worse, why allow a thread like England v Turkey in the first place if you're gonna close it like that. I would have PM'd Lamesy, but I didn't see it till I read this thread. That was a "flame" thread from it's inception, this is football, for christ's sake! Have you never sat in amongst football fans from different teams? You should open it up again, there's too little fun here any more.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 14:55
    This place is getting worse, why allow a thread like England v Turkey in the first place if you're gonna close it like that. I would have PM'd Lamesy, but I didn't see it till I read this thread. That was a "flame" thread from it's inception, this is football, for christ's sake! Have you never sat in amongst football fans from different teams? You should open it up again, there's too little fun here any more.

Damn right. Someone obviously needs to get out into the REAL world. We can't all agree on everything in advance on IRC !!
    Signature removed

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Maybe they thought we were all having a go at Scribblec him being the only one defending Turkey,like you said guy's free speach doesn't last forever,someone either get's bored or upset with the content

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Ex-member
    When a thread stoops to the level of members calling others 'retards' and so on, it will be closed. Flaming is not tolerated on this board.

You want to flame, do it by PM.

And again:
    8. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator via PM (Personal Message).
    How many times do I have to say this? There is no point in saying that the moderators aren't enforcing the rules properly if you won't follow them yourself.

One final point:
    This board is getting worse, the choice of Mods is fucking ridiculous.
    You are, of course, free to leave at any time if you dislike the atmosphere on this board.

edit: no, Clocker, of course he didn't PM me.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I wasn't offended by Scribblec calling me a "retard", it was only a bit of Football banter. Nobody that was posting in that thread was getting really offensive, I didn't notice any excessive profanity or any homophobia/racism or the like. I didn't bother with a PM because I wanted to know what other contributors to the "Turkey vs England" thread thought about it's closure. If I was that offended by the "retard" comment I would've used a PM to a Mod to express my dismay, as it happens I'm an adult and could just laugh it off. Shame other users of this Forum can't do the same!!!

Just following the rules is no defence of an abuse of power!!

Remember "Nuremberg" Lamsey?? Lots of people on trial for "just following the rules". Didn't do them much good, did it??
    Signature removed

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    I have to disagree, blade1356uk, freedom of expression does last forever. However people always assume that the freedom also removes consequences.

Let me explain, sorry if I don't do a good job. I fully support your right to express yourself freely - forever. I also support Lamsey's right to express himself as a mod.

You say I think Lamsey is a curt (person), that's OK. It may not be true but it is OK for you to say it.

Lamsey choses to express himself by locking the thread, that is also OK.

You have both expressed yourselves and been allowed to do so.

We are all responsible for our own actions and for the consequences which arise from them. If we step outside of the rules that the rest of society sets, then the rest of society is entitled to prevent us from doing this again.

Sorry if that is as clear as mud.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    no offense but some of the mods am prats anyway

10. Lounge   -   #10
    JPaul,
    I get the gist of what you're saying but it doesn't take away the fact that the Thread was closed because of one persons pedantry!!!
    Signature removed

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast