Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: England V Turkey

Ex-member
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 18:35
    To keep this on football .. does anyone have any theories on why Manchester United are the greatest team in the history of football?

Harking back a bit here, I know, but the only way the above is possible is if Real Madrid have a very controversial name change.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Van Niilstrooy £18 mill - Ferdinand £30 mill- Forlan £7.5 mill.yes fergie's coaches have brought on some fine players.but it does help to have a few quid if you need the players to help in need of a crisis.that's why the transfer window has been shut till Jan 2004 to help the smaller clubs.look how well Birmingham are doing.Brucey has done well with limited resources.but he and O'leary cannot have Jagielka or Tongue from Sheffield Utd 2 more good kid's to be brought through the ranks.This does not happen much these day's as money rules the game & alway's will.do us a favour & ask Fergie for a few quid for Warnock ,we made £500.000 profit from 2 semi's & 1 final great to be loaded lol

3. Lounge   -   #33
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by JPaul+17 October 2003 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 17 October 2003 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 19:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul
    @18 October 2003 - 03:35
    I was under the impression that if Turkey were to qualify then they would be seeded above England, since they placed well in the last world cup.

Have you some information to the contrary.

Germany coach Rudi Voller has hit out at the 2002 World Cup finalists not being seeded for the 2004 European championships in Portugal.

The 1996 European champions will not be one of the four seeds at the competition with hosts Portugal, European champions France, Sweden and the Czech Republic expected to be the four teams seeded.

And this ..

The seeded teams are France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Romania, Italy, Belgium and Turkey.

Other teams besides England in pot 2 include Yugoslavia, the Netherlands, Russia, Croatia and Scotland.

I know you are just quoting so don&#39;t take this the wrong way, but didn&#39;t Ireland fail to qualify. I think they were third, so not even in the play-offs [/b][/quote]
    What blatant racist vitriol&#33;&#33; Leave the micks out of this.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    LOL

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 October 2003 - 19:35
    To keep this on football .. does anyone have any theories on why Manchester United are the greatest team in the history of football?

What about Real Madrid?? 9 European Cups is much better than 2. Liverpool have a better European record at the highest level. Than there&#39;s AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Marseille, Celtic, Nottingham Forest (who did it on fuck all money 2 years in a row) to name a few. Manchester United have had a lot of Domestic success but have underachieved badly in Europe.
    Signature removed

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Billy

I would suggest that Man Utd aren&#39;t even the greatest team in the History of English Football.

Unless of course you chose to ignore Liverpool and particularly their success in Europe.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Sheffield Hallam are a damn good team & some of there players could play for Accrington Stanley or Sheffield Wednesday,c&#39;mon you Wednesdayites where are you all hiding.C&#39;mon you Blades.watch out Man Utd next season you may get 6 points from us & I&#39;m being generous lol

8. Lounge   -   #38
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    well the seeded thing he showed was how the gruops for qualification was chosen

the thing i said was for the main thing
    i think france portugal italy and holand or spain if they qualify
    then theres like a pot 2 then 3 then 4

the reason turkey and england cant be in same group is because they are in the same pot also germany is here too , i dont know who the 4th team is though....

9. Lounge   -   #39
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JPaul@18 October 2003 - 04:00
    Billy

I would suggest that Man Utd aren&#39;t even the greatest team in the History of English Football.

Unless of course you chose to ignore Liverpool and particularly their success in Europe.
    Man U won the league in 1967, and again in 1993, 26 years between drinks. During that time, Liverpool won it 11 times. A truly great side, and good to watch. (unlike Leeds) But United have dominated the premier league like no other team, ever&#33;

Please allow me to gloat, if it takes another 26 years, I may not be around to see it.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Who mentioned Leeds????????????

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast