Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Are We Jsut A Bunch Of Theives?

Originally posted by Will_518@17 October 2003 - 20:31
    Are we jsut a bunch of theives?

i was talking with a buddy who didn't know much about filesharing, he was very much against it, and it really got me thinking about this issue.

what is filesharing?
    Isn't this just downloading games, movies, books, and music from other people on the internet?

So, what is wrong with that?
    think about this, How many of the files you download are copyrighted?

Why are they copyrighted?
    So, the people who benefit from the files are those who put the effort and time into making it for our entertainment and their wallet. And they rightfully should be the ones benefiting from it.
    How would you feel if you worked for 2 years to build a house, then someone else just gave it away, and you got nothing from it? I would want to lynch the guy who gave it away.

i think i've made the point. What we filesharers are doing is stealing the fruit of other people's laubour. We are guilty.

Imagine a world where everyone was a filesharer, would we still have any files to share?

I'll give you an example. India makes about 1/3 of world's software; while China makes almost none. Why? Because, 99% of the disks you buy in China is Pirate Warez. in fact it is very difficult to find a shop that sells nothing but the copyrighted legal version of software in China.

So, should we stop sharing files?

Why would we still share and download files if we know it is so wrong? Do we even know what we are doing is wrong? Would it matter?

(i'm not from RIAA or MPAA. I did share files, and i probably will in the future when i get a better internet connection [i'm 56k atm], what i want to know is should we do something about this and stop sharing?)
    will, here's something to think about. 90% of the music i have downloaded, i have owned or previously owned. and here's the kicker: first i bought the album, then i bought the cassette, then the eight track, then finally the cd. so as far as i am concerned they owe me. it just so happens i wore out every media i have ever owned. is it my fault they can't produce media that will last forever. eventually, i will probably wear out my cd,s although i doubt it because i do almost all of my listening on my computer or i burn cds to listen in my vehicles from the files i downloaded which as i said previously i own or have owned. enuff said

2. File Sharing   -   #152
    same here

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516