Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Jsut A Bunch Of Theives?

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Ie already siad this 100 times but RIAA and PIAA dont think of advantages

I might downlaod an album becaseu I dont think I will like it to buy it lsiten to it and then love it then buy the real thing with the book lyrics and all

same goes for movies if I like the movie ill see it at the movies seeing aussiss have to wait 3 months later then the US

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    old school
    I'll consider myself a :pirate: Pirate before a theif

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    unlike (apparently) 90% of the other people who share and d/l files on p2p networks, i have no false illusion that this is NOT stealing. maybe 5 out of 10,000 people actaully buy the game/movie/song/book/program after downloading it, but PLEASE be honest with yourselves.

THIS IS STEALING. While a game may suck and I delete it 10 seconds after d/ling, i still STOLE the game. without all the technicalities of the word, we STEAL this stuff from the owners.

(btw this does not stop me from d/ling stuff)

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    *Grunt*
    Maybe it would be made a whole lot easier if we looked at this with a different perspective, what if we called it file swaping then it would'nt look so bad.
    But in the end it will fall down to ethics "Is it right to aquire a product whithout paying for the material or workmanship that went into its construction.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    it seems like that everyone have a strong opinion about this. What i just noticed is there were 310 views, but only 23 replies; obviously some people would like to keep their opinion to themselves. i wonder what that opinion is.

A interesting thing happened today. I picked up a bunch of grapes from a shop and ate it. the shopkeeper asked me for money.
    i said: "i'm not paying! the grapes were sour."
    He asked me whether that was a joke, i said "no". then i got punched in the face.
    You know what the funny thing was? THE GRAPES WERE SOUR!

back to the topic. I shared files as well, i'm most probably going to in the future; and i don't think knowing whether it's right or wrong matters that much, because at the end of the day, I'm going to share no matter what. Maybe I know it's wrong, but i'll still pretend it's not.
    why? i'll be honest with you. Because i can't afford to buy the disks.
    A destitude man may steal to feed himself, and still hav ethe sympathy of the majority. But a greedy man who steals to satisfy his desire is wrong in everyone's eyes, even his. is data a nessicity or desire?
    That is why I'll pretend it's right even if i know it's wrong.

Of course i totally agree that the CD prices are far too high. But is this really the best way to bring the prices down? Is that our soul purpose?
    in a prefect world for me, CDs will cost $1 -- $5 each, and there'll be no need for filesharing.

thanks to everyone who replied for sharing your thoughts. And thanks to everyone who bothered to read this post instead of pretending to be blind.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Will_518, which music company do you work for?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    *Grunt*
    He does'nt work for anyone he lives round the corner from me.
    He's just taken the ethics of file sharing to a whole new leval. (a one that obviosly doesnt agree with everyone) a valient Topic if nothing else.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    i noticed how he said 310 views and only 23 replies. well ill give my 2 cents.. to tell you the truth i do share and im not wrapped up in the ethics of it. i dont think about it whenever i double click a file to download. in fact i really dont care, this is my chance to suck the blood of the greedy corporations, and might i add it tastes pretty damn good because they have been feeding off me for quite some time with their excessively high prices.

now it seems kind of funny to me that alot of people justify their sharing with the response of "im trying it out before im buying it". i think alot of people that say that are out right lying especially to themselves. the fact is 99% of people that say they are trying software out before buying will never actually go out and buy that piece of software. so quit lying and making yourselves look good because at the end of the day you still are just like me and the rest of 99% of filesharers who steal software, music and movies.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    quoted from my fav place.....

3 a : to seize, gain, or win by trickery, skill, or daring <a basketball player adept at stealing the ball> <stole the election> b of a base runner : to reach (a base) safely solely by running and usually catching the opposing team off guard

notice the basketball example, when u steal the ball the owner no longer takes it...not piracy....piracy is also basicly the same, but when we download we dont take anything away from the creaters, they still have it....

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    interesting

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast