Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Are We Jsut A Bunch Of Theives?

Poster
    I dont care wot big companies think, nvr have nvr will even when they throw me behind bars

They think with their wallets not thier heads

Music, film and gaming industries are reporting higher and higher and even higher profits each quarter and they say piracy is hurting them???
    perhaps they have far too much time on their hands and need to go down the gay bar and get pissed

Oh and the one thing them lot are too stupid to understand is that their anti-piracy tactics are just making more ppl turn to piracy

I wonder how much sales dropped when they sued that 12 year old girl?

2. File Sharing   -   #122
    old school
    Originally posted by UKMan@2 November 2003 - 19:25

Unfortunately Gutter, calling anyone an "idiot" for buying CD's just so that you can download from them gives you and these morons no rights whatsoever - but being the rip-off artists you are, you will just keep on - right? 

I admit to downloading, but i do not accept the label you guys give these helpfull people. You are worse than the RIAA you all so fully hate. Quoting your "parents" in this context is a very low blow to them and shows the kind of person you really are!

If you wanna participate in the sharing community, then you also have to make a true contribution. Not just share files you have ripped off from others who willingly give, but also buy new material, rip them to good quality mp3's, avi's or whatever and then share share share - then maybe someone else can call you an idiot too - see how it feels

UKMan
    woah relax

-I never called anyone an "Idiot" for buying a CD, especially If I'm going to download it from them. I agree that sharing my music should not be considered stealing. I should have made it clear I didn't agree with someone contributing to a community to be called an "idiot". If they overpaid for it, oh well.
    -I do participate in the sharing community by ripping and gladly sharing my own (store bought) CDs.
    -You remain on my userlist and I am sorry I'm considered a "rip-off artist" to you.

3. File Sharing   -   #123
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Gutter+2 November 2003 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gutter @ 2 November 2003 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@1 November 2003 - 22:39
    <!--QuoteBegin-besbajah
    @1 November 2003 - 22:01
    ...hate to pull the wool from under anyones feet but its a question of who&#39;s intelligent and who&#39;s an idiot.

One person pays ten times the real value and 9 people download for nothing. When I meet the idiot I&#39;ll thank him sincerely.

Besbajah

LOL, I agree &#33;&#33;
    I&#39;ll agree. One person pays for a CD and they share that music with all of us, We are not theves we are sharing.

Just like our parents taught us too. [/b][/quote]
    The above post is the one i am refering to Gutter. Maybe you worded your response wrongly, for that i cannot be blamed - i understood it to mean that you agreed they are idiots who buy instead of downloading.

However if i have missread your 1st reply, then it&#39;s ME who should appologise and retract the statement i wrote.

I am well aware of your contribution to the community Gutter and was therefore surprised by the remark. You have also made it clearer in the next reply what you meant. I am sorry.

My reactions are strong because of the morons who so willingly refuse to accept others opinions and also trash their good names. I hope that its also understood that even though i myself download and feel its my right, i refuse to contradict anyone who feels that buying CD&#39;s etc is a better alternative. I do however refuse to accept people who call others idiots. This has been my policy from day 1.

Peace
    UKMan

4. File Sharing   -   #124
    jetje's Avatar former star
    As someone said soon we all be listening to Phill Collins.. simple if cd&#39;s fail to sell they will stop making cd&#39;s Someone has to buy them...

Some facts:
    cd sales dropped but DVD sells even better as expected&#33; I think these 2 things have something in common, you just have an ammount of money to spend each month.

personally i have bought far more then i did before i participated p2p...
    Just becaue i learned a lot of good new bands. If i really like the music i like to support that band.
    As being a movie lover, i dl the movies and watch them. Movies in the US are released months before they hit theaters over here (Europe)&#33; If i like a movie i ask myself if i wanna see it again sometime, if so i buy it on DVD&#33;
    (btw i think they should add soundtracks of the movies on DVD&#39;s so you can play the music seperate, i&#39;m willing to pay a little extra for that&#33 this way i bought aprox. 250 dvd´s the past year&#33;

I also dl a lot of digital music which i `had` on LP or single )for the youngsters that´s the round black plate made from vinyl, you may have seen sometimes on your parents pictures I already have paid for the rights before, why buy that twice.

For every blank cd i use, i pay a small amount of money to the music/software industry.. (forced by the Dutch governement) Simply because they assume i use those blanks to copy © material on to.... If i do so then why is that illegal? I payed for it already? At work i use thousands of blanks for non © material... Even if you had a bad disc you pyed ©rights but the industry still gets that money? Think that&#39;s a bit unfair.

On topic, dl ©material is illegal imo, i don´t see it as stealing though.
    It´s a bit of an adventure gaining all these goodies. A kind of sport

Finally i think this debate soon is useless... With the introduction of DRM and TCPA the whole filesharing concept will be a lot harder if not impossible...
    So just enjoy it the next 2 years... B)

5. File Sharing   -   #125
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well as ive said before ive bought 400 cds before P2P i don&#39;t see why that has to be forgotten now jsut becasue i get my music for free forgiven but not forgotten as they would say

6. File Sharing   -   #126
    *Grunt*
    Most people will solve that by makeing sure the RIAA knows that you have bought the CD&#39;s or just by not sharing.

7. File Sharing   -   #127
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    its f*ckign sux you buy a CD you shoudl have the right to do what you wnat with it

make love too it

fuck it

piss on it

shit on it

throw it

and last of al rip it

8. File Sharing   -   #128
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@5 November 2003 - 01:51
    its f*ckign sux you buy a CD you shoudl have the right to do what you wnat with it

make love too it

fuck it

piss on it

shit on it

throw it

and last of al rip it
    No-ones stopping you Ad - just dont get caught (especially all that other stuff - wow&#33;&#33

Peace
    UKCDMan

9. File Sharing   -   #129
    old school
    ehhh

yeah Ad

I figure If I buy a CD, I&#39;ll feel I&#39;m getting my money&#39;s worth by sharing it with as many people as possible.

Share the wealth, right?

10. File Sharing   -   #130
    Poster
    The RIAA did this to themselves. How are we supposed to respect an organization that CREATED bands like The Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears. These "artists" do not write their own music, do not write the lyrics, do not make up their own dance moves, do not even pick out their own clothes. I can understand having help from a manager for parts of this business, but N&#39;Sync has NO SOUL OR HEART in their music, and it shows. According to a member of Grateful Dead, musicians only receive 4% or less from record sales, yet they receive 35% or more from touring revenues. This simply says one thing to me: REAL musicians make the money from touring, NOT record sales. That&#39;s why Tool goes on tour FIVE TIMES more than Britney Spears.
    Now I understand that you must pay the janitor that mops the floor of the recording studio, and that his paycheck to feed his (inbred?) children comes from us paying &#036;20 for a c.d. But let&#39;s face it, the only reason the Recording Industry creates and molds sucky fabricated musicians is so they can get more money from record sales. NOT so that musicians can get more money....another reason that Tool tours more than Britney Spears.
    Now, I&#39;ve got a friend, Avi Ghosh, who is Defy (a great band) and he has opened my eyes a bit. He supports the RIAA for a few reasons, and hates them for a few more. Quite frankly, he can&#39;t go on tour until he sells a certain number of albums. At the same time, he&#39;s told me that it would be "a big help" if I was to share a few of his songs on KaZaA. I&#39;ve been responsible for some albums of his getting sold, I&#39;d like to think.
    As a million people have already said, KaZaA doesn&#39;t have c.d. quality. If people really like the music, they WILL go buy the album. I believe the decline in record sales has much more to do with fabricated music making the populus sick than it does with piraters getting their fix via p2p.

Sorry for the long post...ranting feels good, and I don&#39;t really post here too often.