Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Jsut A Bunch Of Theives?

Poster
    Despite the needless agression of the replies, Will has a valid point!

It can't be an ENTIRELY FREE ride!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    PAiNKiLLER
    Tell me Will_508, if I buy a loaf of bread and if you ask me to share it with you... Then other people are gonna call you what, "THIEF"???

Image Resized

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    The point surely that Will was making was "do you work for no financial recompense"?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    LoneGypsy's Avatar Member
    Independent artists are being shut out by the "Big Labels". We are forced to by overpriced CD's (why did they reduce the price recently if they weren't) to get the few good tracks we really want.

The P2P phenomenon is serving the purpose of getting the attention of the RIAA members. Music should be sold the way we want it not the way they want to package it. Change is painful, and the SOB's in the RIAA will do anything to avoid change.

I download files and buy CD's. I just don't want to replace all the old vinyl I bought with new CD's if I don't like more than a few songs. I paid once...how much blood do they want to suck?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    we are downlaoding data and thats not ilegal at all if it was the whole internet would be made ilegal

its the copyright that is

but no where not thieves at all its aload of crap I had this debate with my sister too she finds it offense that she pays $30 for a CD and I download mine coz she thinks its the righ tthing to do if we are all ciminals that would make the while world practilly cimianals just about

jsut

Your typing is like mine

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    There's an issue which HASN'T been dealt with:

WHO owns ideas?
    And what can the owner of those ideas do to others who also think those ideas?

Can the owner say:
    You may not backup this CD because it would hurt my profit margin.
    You may not talk about how BAD this product is to others who don't have it because it might hurt my profit margin.
    You may not use this in any way other than the very limited ways I give you.
    You may NOT use any part of this idea in any developements of your own until ~100 years have passed and the copyright expires.
    You may NOT even make something vaguely like my idea -- even if you knew not of my idea when you made it.
    These rules are subject to change without notice...

How does someone 'STEAL' an idea?

I've seen it happen, but it's very rare -- it's when the idea is NOT allowed to reach others for any price and/or it is claimed as their own when it really isn't.

Our whole goal is to eliminate scarcity -- we have little interest in profits.

Their whole goal is to create scarcity in order to maintain profits -- they have intentionally raised CD prices FAR beyond fair market prices (as defined by law) and have been successfully prosecuted because of it.
    They seek to eliminate the whole concept of first sale doctrine.
    They have nearly taken over radio (clear channel) and DESTROYED internet radio -- even bragging about that!
    They seek a total lockdown on all consumer devices that MIGHT be used to copy media, even if the economic costs of doing so is orders-of-magnitude more expensive than their WHOLE industry's revenues!

And they have almost completely destroyed any concept of public domain -- STEALING FROM ALL OF US, AND OUR FUTURE!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    just on that

where does it say in the copyright manuel that it is ilegal to downlaod mp3s??

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Double Agent
    i am gonna copy the shit out of the fucking industries

lick my a-hole, motherfuckers..

ooooosa

ps: seriously i should stop watching ripped movies like bad boys 2

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    fuck the law is what I say

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I don't think programs like kazaa should be illegal when we share movies because we are not making money from the files.

If I buy a DVD, I might show my family or friends, and movie organisations might claim due to my actions they lost potential sales because my family members or friends didn't pay to see the movie.

The bottom line is, at no time do I make any money that could have reached the movie organisations.

Kazaa is the same. So what if you want to "lend" a DVD file to your "friend" from Portugal who you have never met, or talked to. The bottom line is, there was no money made.

I know that there was duplication of the product but is it illegal to make copies of CDs you brought for the purpose of back up? Is it then illegal to lend these to unreliable friends who never return them?

A case against my argument is it is illegal to photocopy more than 10% of a book as this is a breach of copyright (even though no money changed hands).

When you purchase something, you buy the one object, and if that breaks, either use the warranty or buy a new one.

But with technology allowing us to make duplicates of a product we payed our hard-earned for so we don't have to rebuying them when they break, maybe copyright law should be changed

(the only problem is pirates selling a CD for $20 and giving the data for free)

Just my thoughts

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast