Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
    LG dvd-rom
    5 Different Hard drives ruined
    American Megatrend Bios
    Windows XP professional edition
    Windows XP Home edition
    Windows ME Professional edition

WTF?!?!

This computer has destroyed the 5th hard drive. Here is a breifing.

Hard drive 1- (Western Digital) Killed by Counter-Strike (Model ak_47.gpl was modified since the engine start. Please run diagnostic tools for Hardware problems) After that happened I re-activiated Counter-Strike and I connect to the server but my map differs for some reason.... (I DON'T HACK!&#33

Hard Drive 2- (Western Digital)Killed by Counter-Strike (Model mp5.mdl was modified since the engine start. Please run dianostic tools for Hard ware problems) After that I re-activated Counter-Strike and I reconnected to the server but my model differs for some reason.

Hard Drive 3- (Western Digital) Same same...

Hard Drive 4- (MaXtor) Contacted some Techie guys but no solution was found. This time it was killed after I defragmented the Hard drive and I restarted the computer. I formatted the Hard drive sucessfully and then I went to install windows again. I installed sucessfully and I went to play Warcraft III after that. Warcraft III froze and the Hard drive died again...

Hard Drive 5- (MaXtor) This time the hard drive died from installing VGA drivers. WTF? After installing VGA driver?&#33;? I went to Windows XP professional to format and reinstall the hard drive but where it says the partition it is replaced by <Setup cannot access this disk.> I click any key and a blue screen pops up, one that doesnt restart the computer. (WTF?&#33;&#33;? A blue screen in Windows XP setup&#33;?&#33;? WTF?&#33;?&#33 Here is a destricption:

Problem has been detected and windows has been hut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    If this is the first time you&#39;ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop mesage, disable the driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Techinical Information:
    ** Stop: 0X0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF9E41COB, OXF9A46800, 0X000000)

** setupdd.sys - Address F9E41C0B base at F9E19000. Datestamp 3b7d8507

All hard drives couldn&#39;t be detected by BIOS or couldn&#39;t run the OS. 1 Hard drive was repaired by myself on another computer and is now in use on another computer. The hard drive does not have any problem on that computer. Here is more detail.

Warcraft III- OpenGL mode
    Counter-Strike- Software mode

Software installed (ALWAYS)
    Windows (XP pro, XP home, and ME pro)
    Drivers (Modem, LAN, VGA, etc)

Software installed (NOT always)
    Norton Antivirus 2003
    PC-Cillin 2000
    Norton Systemworks 2003 Professional
    Power DVD
    ZoneAlarm 3.7 Professional
    Norton Internet Securty 2003 Professional
    (ALL came bundled with the motherboard, Amazing isn&#39;t it?)

Windows Updates are always installed and SP1 is installed after the drivers installation. I am suspecting the idiotic Video card. Since it was killed mostly after highly used amounts of Video card (Counter-Strike, Warcraft III, VGA driver installation) This is the worst computer ever. It can&#39;t just be bad luck, the other computers are on fine conditions.

When in Windows ME, the updates were installed and everything seemed fine until... I restarted the computer. After the restart the resolution was extremly low and Windows had a screen saying "Windows Registry is missing, Windows Registry must be rebuilt and the computer must be rebuilt and the computer must be restarted" This keeps popping up so... Dead..

Help me. This is very appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    why dont u just get windows xp sp1 intergrated and formatt all those hdds, so they work

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    All Hard drives are dead...

2 are new and 3 are given.

Windows sp1 intergrated was already done on 2 hard drives.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    are u postive their dead...when we think of dead...

we think...
    wont turn on
    old as fuck
    wont turn on
    been torn apart

u prolly think died...
    windows dont load

be specifiec on wat u mean dead, like the hdd doesnt grind or wat?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    it&#39;s probably your computer

high temperatures are the real killers of hdds

check to see if your hdds are overheated.

ps they cannot operate above and beyond 60 degrees, inoperable above 70.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I&#39;d gladly trade you my hd for a maxtor 80gb
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Keikan@11 October 2003 - 02:51
    I&#39;d gladly trade you my hd for a maxtor 80gb
    i got 2 of em

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 October 2003 - 21:49

Not the heat problem. Bios&#39;s Hardware checker log stated the highest temperature was 50C for processor and 40F for HDD.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I reformated my hd so much it&#39;s still stable maybe you can get away from western and maxtor and find another brand
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by The Kiler+11 October 2003 - 02:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Kiler @ 11 October 2003 - 02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@10 October 2003 - 21:49

Not the heat problem. Bios&#39;s Hardware checker log stated the highest temperature was 50C for processor and 40F for HDD. [/b][/quote]
    ok look, brand new hdds dont just DIE

either they&#39;ve been overheated or you smashed them against the wall

otherwise the problem is in software not hardware

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast