Thread: Bit Torrent Problem

Poster
    hello everyone for some reason i am having a problem with bittorrent...when i go to download a game such as.."Mafia" when i click it...this is what comes up

problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jordank\\Local Settings\\Temporary Interent Files\\Contest.IE5\\E5F5S32\\Mafia(1)[1].torrent'

anyone know whats up..i was tryin to donwload this game from www.suprnova.org

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl2
    IF YOUR USING IE
    you need to right click and save as, then open it from your hd

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you dont have to save the target as

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    Originally posted by Jordank87@16 October 2003 - 16:44
    hello everyone for some reason i am having a problem with bittorrent...when i go to download a game such as.."Mafia" when i click it...this is what comes up

problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jordank\\Local Settings\\Temporary Interent Files\\Contest.IE5\\E5F5S32\\Mafia(1)[1].torrent'

anyone know whats up..i was tryin to donwload this game from www.suprnova.org
    That happens when there is a problem with the mirror, try another by refreshing the page or ctrl F5...

...works for me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Adster@17 October 2003 - 13:24
    you dont have to save the target as
    YES, you do, sometimes anyway, thats the error when you DO have to save as and open it from your HD
    from the F>A>Q

Problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "C:\\Documents and Sett..."
    For some reason, Internet Explorer sometimes doesn't save the torrent file in the Temporary Internet Files directory properly. The solution seems to be to right click on the link and choose Save As..., and save the torrent file to disk, and then double-click the file to launch the client. Clearing the IE cache seems to help if this problem is recurring. It seems to be related to torrent files with square brackets (']' and '[&#39 in the filename.