Thread: Bittorrent Bandwidth Problem

I have a cable modem... not a good one I get about 70 mbps max. On bittorrent im giving 50 mbps towards uploads. Is there a way to lower this??
    Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    yea u can always change your upload rate by lowering it during the download. Dont temme that u didnt find the tab where you lower the rate

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    well..... I'm dling right now and see no tabs whatsoever. I have v3.3 so where am I supposed to see these again?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

5. BitTorrent   -   #5

y isnt this image working.

edit: if u dont c the image click me

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    muchspl2
    works for me, BTW: you don't run a firewall or av or even peer guardian?
    wow

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wow
    either do I

also reducing Uploads speed will not help you it will only reduce your download speed to the same speed as your upload

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 00:10
    wow
    (n)either do I

also reducing Uploads speed will not help you it will only reduce your download speed to the same speed as your upload
    Almost true...

Reducing your upload speed allowed in BitTorrent FAR below your MAX upload speed possible by your connection won't help at all -- it will in fact hurt your download speed considerably on poorly-seeded torrents. On very well seeded torrents it won't hurt as much, but it means you're not playing fair and it may hurt OTHERS even if it doesn't hurt YOU.

But it HELPS to reduce your upload speed allowed in BitTorrent to below your MAX upload speed or your connection will suffer overloads and HIGH packet loss. And losing data is NOT a good way to download/upload files.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I dont agree with that. I may be wrong but I need a little help. Why is that whenever i lower my upload rate, my download rate goes up dramatically on Bittorrent and Kazaa

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Adster@18 October 2003 - 06:10
    you don't run a firewall or av or even peer guardian?
    either do I
    you Guy's are nuts NOT to run a av and firewall ALL THE TIME
    mandatory, repeat MANDATORY

and the only reason NOT to run PG all the time also is to have the bad ip list, imported in zonealarm, you both need to be more PROactive, instead of just HOPING for the best