Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Poll Of Sorts...

ok ill cover 2 points before I start...
    1) Im aware that tis have probably been done before, but in my supreme hatred of XP, and the search feature bringing me to a "page cannot be displayed", so calm

2) I wanted to do a poll, but i got "You cannot start a poll", and i was going to use the search, but please read above...

ok now on to the question, out of all the damn Windows OS's, what do you think is the best? Im going with 98, as I love it, and have had the most success with it, but Id apreciate your opinion. Also, lets keep to Windows here, as that will keep this on track. Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i prefer XP than any other OS

XP FOR LIFE

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Only moderators and admins can start polls.

BOT

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    XP....less work more fun....my opinion having had 98, 2000 and now on XP.....If you like getting deep into your pc i would say 98.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    I don't understand your complaint of xp
    is it a search page from a website or the search for your computer, are you talking about doing a search in the ie browser for stuff on your computer?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by opivykid@17 October 2003 - 21:18
    ok ill cover 2 points before I start...
    1) Im aware that tis have probably been done before, but in my supreme hatred of XP, and the search feature bringing me to a "page cannot be displayed", so calm

2) I wanted to do a poll, but i got "You cannot start a poll", and i was going to use the search, but please read above...

ok now on to the question, out of all the damn Windows OS's, what do you think is the best? Im going with 98, as I love it, and have had the most success with it, but Id apreciate your opinion. Also, lets keep to Windows here, as that will keep this on track. Thanks!
    I preffer 98 too

But i had to stop using it because the new drivers for GFX cards come only for XP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    XP is 10x more stable & 50% faster than 98se for me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    At first, I was very reluctant to upgrade to XP from 98SE.

But as I play LAN games with my mates, I was eventually forced to move to XP just so I could browse the network when we had a gaming session.
    They could see my comp on the network, but I couldnt see thiers.

It took a few weeks to get used to, but now I definately prefer XP to 98... the stability alone makes up for the initial quibbles... and I haven't seen a BSOD for months now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Justsomeguy@17 October 2003 - 22:51
    At first, I was very reluctant to upgrade to XP from 98SE.

But as I play LAN games with my mates, I was eventually forced to move to XP just so I could browse the network when we had a gaming session.
    They could see my comp on the network, but I couldnt see thiers.

It took a few weeks to get used to, but now I definately prefer XP to 98... the stability alone makes up for the initial quibbles... and I haven't seen a BSOD for months now.
    Thats what i meant, it's more fun.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast