Thread: Download Maya For Free!

Maya now Free for Personal Use

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 15, 2003--Alias Systems, a Silicon Graphics Inc. (NYSE: SGI) company, announced today that the highly anticipated Maya Personal Learning Edition™ 5 software is now available for free download from www.alias.com/mayaple. Maya Personal Learning Edition 5 offers almost every feature found in the full commercial version of Maya Complete™ 5 including an industry-leading set of modeling, animation, rendering and effects tools.
    Alias is a leader in providing free non-commercial use software to the 3D community. The Maya Personal Learning Edition software program, first announced in January 2002, brought the 3D tool widely used in feature films and the game development industry to the masses. To date, more than half a million 3D enthusiasts and professionals around the world have downloaded Maya Personal Learning Edition.

Download Maya for free and more info

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    130MB what a small file to download, good one tho sh thx

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    nice post shared

cheers, i will have a bash at that later

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    PLE's been around for a while, though I'm glad to see they're upgraded it from 4.5 finally. The only problems are that PLE usually adds its own limitations. These include
    • Uneditable watermark on any image/animation you create in PLE (though technically you can write a macro to remove it)
    • Will only save to a file-extension that only PLE uses
    There's others - Personally, we can get Maya Complete so I'd say stick with it